Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December 24th, 2014 Christmas Eve Edition

December 24th, 2014 Christmas Eve Edition

I wrote and performed a bit about getting a cat in my recent stand-up performance. The premise was how a cat would be a good alternative for me instead of a girlfriend. I'll not transcribe the bit here, but it worked very well. The bit was based on my true desire to get a cat. It didn't start out as a standup bit, it started with me honestly contemplating ideas of how to deal with post-breakup emotions and loneliness. I went so far as to call the animal shelter to inquire about their cat adoption policies. I haven't made the decision yet, but it's under serious consideration.

This isn't the night to do it, but one day soon I plan on writing about my take on post-dramatic weight loss relationship dynamics. I've never written about this stuff. It's an important topic, because even after major epiphanies concerning self-worth and identity, I still struggle with proper self-perspectives--and this struggle can quickly complicate things.

I enjoyed a day off today, although I stayed busy with last minute Christmas shopping. By the third crazy store, I was ready to be done. I was incredibly stressed at my last stop because I couldn't find what I needed. I finally decided what I needed was a good workout at the YMCA.

The workout relieved the tension of battling the crowds and not finding what I needed. I usually workout to feel good about what I'm doing in terms of weight loss and health. Today, it was a stress reliever, too! I suppose it's always a stress reliever, but my perspective isn't tilted that way most of the time. I'm most usually exercising to get the heart rate up and the calories burning. I brought this on myself by waiting until the last minute to get my shopping finished.

I enjoyed a grilled chicken salad for lunch. It was leftover chicken and zucchini on top of lettuce, mixed with sour cream. Fantastic!

I made the trip to my hometown this evening to spend Christmas Eve with mom and family. We're having another get-together here on Sunday with my daughters and grandson.

It's a family tradition to enjoy snacks on Christmas Eve while we all visit and exchange gifts. I enjoyed a slice of sugar free lemon cake with my coffee. It was fairly decent. I was skeptical. Honestly, I can take it or leave it. I don't feel compelled toward the rest of the lemon cake. In fact, the slice I consumed will likely be the only one for me.

I did buy a small, personal size sugar free lemon pie for tomorrow's Christmas dinner dessert. While everyone is eating their traditional pie, I'll have my sugar free pie.

I'm in charge of cooking Christmas dinner for everyone. It'll be a traditional offering, with roasted turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy--and something different: Yellow squash and asparagus! I have my food scale ready! I also have some sugar free gum ready to go. Chewing gum while I cook keeps me from tasting along the way. I'll let somebody else be the taster.

I did not order sugar free rolls like I did at Thanksgiving or a sugar free peach pie. I've decided to skip the rolls this time. We'll have rolls on the table. I've just decided to skip them.

I've decided to add 500 additional calories to my Calorie Bank tomorrow. I seriously doubt I'll use all of them. But, they're available just in case.

I'll be staying in close contact with friends in support tomorrow.  I'm also planning on the Anderson Family Christmas Day 5K at Boomer Lake, mid to late afternoon. My uncle has already committed to join me out there for some really good exercise.

I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas! I'm so grateful for an incredible amount of blessings in my life. I'm making gratitude and visiting with loved ones my focus. I'm looking forward to Live-Tweeting Christmas Day food and exercise. I'll tell you this--I brought eggs for my usual breakfast in the morning! A good breakfast will also help me stay sane during all of the cooking.

Oh--and no Mac and Cheese tomorrow! I've decided that will remain a once a year dish!

My Tweets Today:






























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Sean! Enjoy your time with the family. That gum strategy is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Alati! It was a wonderful day, for sure! The gum thing works!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas and Many Blessings for the New Year Sean. Thank you for being such a encouragement and to continue to inspire us all. We look forward to another year with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah, I'm honored, thank you! I hope yours was a wonderful Christmas, too! 2015 is poised to be a wonderful year! I sincerely appreciate your continued support!!

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas, Sean. Do you ever perform in Florida? A good buddy from high school has been doing stand up for many years.

    Peace ~ Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bear,
      I recently performed stand-up for the first time in 10 years. I ended my stand-up career in late 2003. It was so much fun--and so much better--I'm considering doing more. Not sure what to make of it. I do know it's in me!
      What's your friends name, I might know him! Peace to you, too, Bear!

      Delete
  4. Post-dramatic weigh loss relationship dynamics. Very worthy topic and something [my take] that is rarely discussed outside the counseling office. Supporting and encouraging you as you consider what you'll write. Merry Christmas, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGoodness, Jae--it's a biggie. It's also one of those topics that's been on my mind a lot--but I've been too afraid to write about it--for a variety of reasons. But I do believe I can formulate and share my thoughts in this blog and do it in a way that is appropriate and respectful to those I've been involved with over the years. It's not about them, so I'm okay there. I'm going to do my best to write that post sometime before this weekend is over. Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Heather! I hope yours was grand!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.