Tuesday, December 23, 2014

December 23rd, 2014 Stronger Than I Thought

December 23rd, 2014 Stronger Than I Thought

I don't think it's sunk in yet that I'm off for the next five days. It's been a very busy several days leading up to this break. I'm looking forward to a wonderful Christmas with mom in my hometown.

I'm also looking forward to writing more in this blog, since I'll have ample time for sleep! I've been burning the candles at both ends the last couple of nights.

I had a great food day today and some decent exercise, although I didn't time my workout very well. In order to make it to the restaurant in time (before they closed), I cut my workout at 21 minutes. I did some body weight strength training exercises tonight. I couldn't find how to input these in MyFitnessPal. I did wall sits, modified pushups, counter pushups and planks. I'm starting to think I'm stronger than I thought. I was able to do these fairly well and with good form.

I'll be the one cooking Christmas dinner this year. I'm ready to prepare a wonderful meal! My plan will be fairly simple to follow. The basics rules: No sugar and keeping a calorie budget. I might add 500 calories to my "bank," although at Thanksgiving, the additional 1,000 I allowed was tapped for less than 300 extra calories.

I honestly don't feel the need to stuff myself just because it's a holiday. If I find myself doing that, my focus is all wrong. The focus will be on loved ones around me, visiting and feeling good--instead of piling on the food, feeling miserable and regretting my choices. I want to feel great about my choices.

The biggest mental shift is realizing how reasonable portions doesn't equate to less of a good time. I'll eat well, I'll maintain the integrity of my plan, I will exercise well and I will have a wonderful Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, too!

My Tweets Today:


























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, to you too! Thank you!! (((hugs))) back at you!

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a blessed and joyful Christmas, Sean! Christmas takes on a whole new level of fun with little ones around, so enjoy your time off and time with Noah. Shirley from TN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley! Merry Christmas to you and yours! :)

      Delete
  3. Joyous Noel, my friend. One of the best gifts of the year has been 'meeting' you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Gwen, Thank you! Love you, too! You're one of the best, my friend! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas , Sean! I hope you and your family enjoy your the day with love and happiness! I intend to enjoy every bit of it! And your chicken and zuccinni taco... look spectacular!
    Have a good vacation!
    Merry Christmas!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Rosie, AKA "JazzyMae," LOL Thank you so much! Wishing you a warm and joyous Christmas!
      Oh--and the chicken and zucchini--yes, incredible!

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas and good luck, Sean.

    Peace ~ Bear

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.