Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15th, 2014 Challenging Day

December 15th, 2014 Challenging Day

I just wanted to open this blog post with this: What I'm doing is working very well and I do not plan to stop what I'm doing anytime soon. I plan on enhancing what I'm doing in the exercise department, but the accountability and support elements are strong and working wonders for me. It's different and that's the thing. Different naturally strikes some as crazy. It isn't for me.

I've described the daily tweets as an "extreme accountability measure," and to some, it probably seems like it, but for me it doesn't feel extreme anymore. This element of my recovery has had a huge impact on my relationship with food in an inspiring way. It's inspired me to slow down, take better care in my choices, get more creative in the kitchen, read labels and more.

Today has been a very challenging day. Not with me or about me, but about someone very close to me whom I love very much. They're struggling horribly and it breaks my heart. It wouldn't be appropriate for me to name them or describe their struggle. I'll just say, it's consumed me today, in worry.

I had planned to take my orientation on the weight training machines at the Y today. But decided to postpone it until tomorrow or even Wednesday. I came straight home from work and worried some more about what I can do to help my loved one. Then I did what I do when faced with something overwhelming, I laid down and slept for an hour and a half.

I woke up, felt better, had a good phone conversation with a family member--and proceeded to throw a dinner together. I put on my shoes after dinner and was out the door to the YMCA for an elliptical workout when I discovered my car has a flat tire. I arranged for a ride to the studio in the morning and decided to deal with the tire situation tomorrow mid-morning.

I grabbed the rest of my homemade fruit sorbet from the freezer for my #lastfoodofday. I'm seriously making more of this stuff soon! It's a wonderful treat! Next time I'm making it with cashew milk.

I could easily do some body-weight strength training exercises before bed. I think I would feel good about that. Yeah. I'll do that now.  

My Tweets Today:
















Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

12 comments:

  1. I hope and pray this person your concerned about us Ok.

    I think your eating tweets are a awesome idea. I don't do it cause I forget to snap a pic till after the food is gone
    Thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sincerely, TR. I've almost forgotten a few times, or if I'm really hungry or dining with others, I'll snap a photo--eat, then log and post after the meal! :)

      Delete
  2. The way I see it is this.. if it works for you then do it. We're all on this train together, you may go your way and I may go my way. Your way works for you! Bravo! My way? Cuddo's to me! In the end our trains will meet up, you might be able to get their quicker than me, but eventually I'll meet ya there! :)
    Saying a little prayer for your friend. I hope they find some comfort soon.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for the person you love who is struggling, Sean. Grateful they have you for support because your love for them is obvious. And as to your level of accountability, it works. Denial and isolation are such a huge part of our overeating and most can't do it alone. Your willingness to be rigidly accountable brings about a level of honesty that is needed to truly walk in recovery long term. So keep doing what works so well, Sean. It works for you, and your willingness to be transparent is contagious, so it affects so many others out here. Shirley from TN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley, thank you very much. The accountability works well!

      Delete
  4. I wish you and your loved one peace of mind over the situation. It's so very difficult to watch a person we love to struggle through difficult times. They are lucky to have such a compassionate person worrying for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah, I sincerely appreciate these words, thank you.

      Delete
  5. Am sorry to hear you are having a hard time worrying. Truly hope the problem gets solved soon. The helpless feeling of a loved one going through stress is well known here, and I empathize.
    Thank you for your faithfulness with your blogging and tweeting!
    N~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very tough, especially when you're not sure how to help. Nancy, you're very welcome. This daily diary does so many wonderful things for me, as do the tweets. I will remain faithful! :)

      Delete
  6. Hey--I'm really glad you're kicking trash! Accountability is usually the make and breaker!

    Also, I hope that person is OK!! It's so tough when people you love struggle...it's worse than struggling yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed--it is a make or break thing, very often. You're so right--watching someone you love so much struggle is much worse than struggling yourself.. Very, very true. Thank you, Kirtley!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.