Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 28th, 2014 I'm Better For It

December 28th, 2014 I'm Better For It

The outpouring of support today was an incredible blessing. Thank you, I needed it. From comments to emails, text messages and phone calls, I received incredible perspectives. It was truly a gift.

I spent a great deal of my Sunday absorbing it all, embracing not only what feels natural, but allowing myself to wrap my mind around ideas and concepts foreign to me. Through it all, I realize I do have work to do--some challenging internal work, but it isn't as bad as I thought. I've often communicated about the critical differences shifts in perspective can make along this road. I experienced some really good shifts today. I'm better for it. 

I really just scratched the surface of that topic, but it's such a big topic--it was enough, for me, right now. I'm glad I did. It was slightly uncomfortable, exposing and I felt vulnerable, but those feelings quickly transformed into empowering and confident. I'm going to be fine.

I'm glad I touched on it. Because, getting it out of my head and onto the virtual page was like releasing a pressure valve of thoughts. Instead of spending large amounts of time pouring over the same thoughts again and again, trying to figure it all out--and doing it all in the privacy of my own head, I can now benefit from the perspectives received and move forward in positive ways. I have a lot of positive ahead of me.

The plans to travel to my hometown for one last Christmas get-together was postponed today. Amber and KL were both sick and unable to attend. We all decided to reschedule the festivities for later this week. It was disappointing, but ultimately for the best.

I'm really proud of myself for preparing all of my meals Saturday and Sunday. I didn't dine out once! Not that dining out has been a bad thing, I do stay within certain boundaries when I go out, but still--I'm always more confident when I prepare my own meals at home. Mainly because at home and work, I have digital scales to weigh things--so the accuracy is in place. When I dine out, I rely on my experience in weights and measures to make the best guesstimates possible. This practice has worked very well for the past nine months.

I struggled with my water today. I just wasn't interested. I don't know how else to put it. Some days, I'm enthusiastic--others, I'm literally forcing myself to get down the minimum I need. I always seem to find a way to make myself feel bad about this, too. Especially when I think about the parts of the world where access to water is literally the difference between life and death. How blessed are we? Beyond measure.

One thing is for sure, I'm well rested. Setting my wake up alarm tonight is the first time in several days. I slept well all week. I'm ready to move forward in some wonderful ways. I'm keeping a positive attitude and embracing some new perspectives. It's a very good thing. And I sincerely thank you for the amazing support along the way.

My Tweets Today:
















Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

6 comments:

  1. I ALWAYS struggle with water in the winter. I'm not sure if there's just not as much of a need for me, but it seems like it's hard to even get down a half gallon. My solution, after a few days of that, is to drop a zero calorie, zero sugar Grape Nuun tablet into my water at least once during the day. Those also have electrolytes so I take that as a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Helen. Grape Nuun? I haven't heard of that product. Interesting theory on winter/colder weather... Excellent point. Thank you, Helen!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your having such a good week and also sorry your daughter and grandson are sick! Hopefully on the mend soon.
    I just wanted you to know that the other night I was having some major angst of wanting to eat the entire house.. I didn't know what to do as my husband just does not understand. So I came to your blog and I wrote you a long letter in the blog comments! I wrote and wrote and then deleted it. It was a good therapy for me. I didn't eat the entire house. I did have popcorn which is not good in terms of sodium, but it was better than all the excess Christmas junk. So I wanted to say thank you for just being there. I know you don't know me and I don't know you but you saved me from crashing and burning. So thanks!
    Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie, this absolutely warms my heart. Thank you for coming here and gathering strength from it!!! That's one of the greatest feelings, ever--to help someone...and I didn't even know it was helping, Rosie. Thank you! Your support is a wonderful gift to me.

      Delete
  3. I just wanted to say how glad I am that you venture in to those secret, darker, or at least more private areas of our hearts and souls. Even if the venture is just a toe touch , it is a voice in the quiet of a lot of us that are sitting and twiddling our thumbs and really needing to shout about a few things. I venture out and share in the ways I think about things and the noisy conference room table of inner voices /personalities in my head that are all talking to me at the same time about what to eat , do, think , and feel. But the physical things , the emotional things, and the challenges are sometimes too raw to share in this format....I wish you a good, healthy, and happy New Year,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PJ, I sincerely appreciate what you've written here. Thank you. It's tough and tricky---and sometimes scary, to go to certain areas--but I think it's important for all of us to venture there every now and again--and it doesn't need to be in a blog--or public in any way---and of course, always at our own speed...but always important to check in on those things and really feel them--really process them...ya know? Happy New Year!!!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.