Tuesday, October 17, 2017

October 17th, 2017 Help Yourself

October 17th, 2017 Help Yourself

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

Today was a doozy of a schedule! I had a haircut appointment after work and a break for a little while before a rare weekday evening location broadcast. The broadcast had several things happen that became super-stressful really fast, starting with a major malfunction with the broadcast vehicle. It was a dual broadcast, meaning, I was doing two different stations back to back every break, and I was quickly getting behind--anyway, the tension was mounting--and just at the height of it all, at the same time, came the tow truck driver for the remote vehicle and the board operator at the station wanting me to do another break in 30 seconds--and then came the offer: "Hey Sean--plenty of BBQ sandwiches over there, help yourself."

This is the point where I either react or act. If I react, I dive into the food because I'm hard-wired that way: Stress/high emotion= Eat!! If I act, I take pause, step back--remind myself of my food plan for dinner after the Tuesday night late group support conference call, grab my phone and express the circumstance to a support buddy--and even take a little walk around and a few deep breathes. I did the latter, thank goodness. It's the practice of acting instead of reacting that really makes the difference. Replacing deeply ingrained reactions with actions in support and in harmony with my continued maintenance plan is a daily practice--and a very important one to develop. Because there will be days like today.

I'm immensely grateful each and every day--to get just one more day to practice my plan and share the experience along the way. I really appreciate your readership. I hope something I've written about over the years has resonated with you in a positive way.

Today's Accountability Tweets:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.