Tuesday, March 20, 2018

March 20th, 2018 Such A Revelation

March 20th, 2018 Such A Revelation

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

I often mention "Epiphany Day." It was May 15th, 2014. In essence, it was the day I finally realized the truest source of my self-worth, identity, happiness, and joy. These things were no longer tied to something that naturally fluctuates. These things were no longer found externally. These things could exist and flourish regardless of my weight, the size of my bank account, my relationship status, or any other external circumstance.

My initial 275-pound weight loss was supposed to "make me" happy. And it didn't. And I'm glad it didn't because it would have been an illusion of happiness and illusions eventually reveal their truth one way or another. It was working through this monumental let-down that helped me discover what I truly believe is a major element of real happiness.

It wasn't an accident that Epiphany Day came not long after starting the turnaround from my 164-pound relapse/regain. I feel like it was Devine intervention as if to say-- here, look at it this way and be free. Lose the weight because you're taking extraordinary care of yourself--not in an effort to obtain some magical level of happiness, but simply because you're worth every ounce of effort in this care. You deserve this level of care. 

I stopped searching for something I already possessed. I'm not writing about happiness itself, I'm writing about the capacity--the ability to choose happiness regardless of whether or not I possessed the things I felt certain were requirements for such a revelation.

-----
Two things I need to mention tonight: My workshop!!!! OMGoodness, it's Saturday!!! Are you coming? Only if you're within driving distance, please--I mean, really, it's a 3-hour workshop. BUT--It'll be a power-packed three hours! If you're ready to fashion your unique plan, different from anything before--a plan that could be the end of dieting for you and a new beginning of something sustainable long-term, then what are you waiting for? The time to commit and register is today! But seriously-- if you're more than a drive away, uh-- yeah, I'd wait until I create an online version!!
Here's the link to register at EventBrite: Sean's "You Plan" Workshop

I'm also gearing up for the next session of the accountability and support groups I cofacilitate with Life Coach Kathleen Miles and Jordan Burgess. Our new session starts March 26th and 27th and we have a spot for you! Email me with questions: transformation.road@gmail.com You can also call or text: 580-491-2228

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.