Wednesday, March 28, 2018

March 28th, 2018 It's What I Do

March 28th, 2018 It's What I Do

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

Jordan's words from yesterday's post really resonate with me. I used the words "I know" over and over, too. And like Jordan, those words almost killed me. And still, to this day, those words are dangerous for me because I've discovered it isn't what I know that's important, it's what I do. 

When I look back at my nearly twenty years as a 500-pound man, I realize my "know" was very limited. I knew the very basics of eating less and moving more. What I didn't know at that time was how these two things were truly the least of what I needed to learn. The barrier for me all those years ago was my constant declaration of "knowing." If we know it all, then we haven't a need to learn more, and we can't because we've essentially shut down our potential for growth.

What I didn't know back then was how the non-food, non-exercise elements; the structure of support and accountability, was/are the things constantly supporting the plan. "Structure of support," to me is a fairly broad phrase covering everything from my morning prayer/meditations, positive visualizations, planning/prep, weighing, measuring, logging, and of course, direct one on one support connections each and every day. When I would say "I know what to do," back then, I wasn't thinking about any of these things because I didn't know.

Even today, I'm the first to admit--I don't know it all. I've experienced a lot. I've learned some things in the hardest ways. I've defined and refined the plan that works well for me again and again. I've evolved nicely, but there's more to learn--more to experience, more to appreciate and consider. Staying open-minded, humble, and willing to watch, listen, and learn is, in my opinion, imperative to continued positive progress.

Recent featured Tweets:
 

 

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.