Monday, September 24, 2018

September 24th, 2018 Difference Maker

September 24th, 2018 Difference Maker

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I took mom out for her weekly dinner and shopping trip last night. She overcame her fear of the motorized cart at Walmart--tried it out and did well. We only knocked over one display, so it was a win! My phone had died and was back at my apartment on the charger or I would have grabbed a video of the experience.

I had some time to reflect over the weekend on last week's goal intensive workshop. What's interesting to me is how I've applied the same techniques to certain things in my life over the last ten years, accomplishing big things, yet, I allow obstacles to keep me in other areas. What's the difference? The good news is that I'm giving the difference the time and attention it needs.

I've often mentioned how I can compartmentalize things into categories of "non-negotiable" and at the same time, other very important things don't seem to reach that status very often, or ever. I will not sacrifice my abstinence from refined sugar--that's a non-negotiable for me, yet, I don't apply the same status to accomplish three or four workouts per week. The challenge for me is to expand my focus-- that reads like an oxymoron (you're welcome Michael in Vegas). Isn't focus supposed to be dialed in? This applies to expanding the list of things I get "dialed in" about.

Maybe this dynamic exists because certain goals certainly require more energy than others. Our daily source of energy is finite. So maybe-- the answer starts with evaluating energy usage. Where am I "leaking" energy? I mean, really--we all get the same amount of time, right? 

"I wish I had more time!" I've said that many times. If I think about this very common, stand-by phrase, and evaluate it closely, I can see where it is a victim minded thing to say-and in that, I'm relieved of responsibility to do anything toward changing certain things because, "hey, I just don't have the time right now."

When I look at the things I've accomplished over the last decade, I realize how I made room--I realize how I immediately changed the priority list to accommodate these new and important things. The difference starts there, I believe. Energy usage-- and how can I make the most efficient use of my time in order to break down obstacles and move toward goals that, until now, have been shelved?

I'm starting my Monday with a decent night's sleep. Talk about a difference maker, right? Maybe that's where it all starts? It's like we work our way backward in order to effectively move forward.

I'm learning. The learning along this road never stops, thank goodness! 

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.