Saturday, September 29, 2018

September 29th, 2018 Ability To Adjust

September 29th, 2018 Ability To Adjust

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday was one of those busier than expected days. My plan waking up yesterday morning was very different than what ended up happening--a 17-hour workday. Days like that are very rare for me. Important for me is the ability to adjust, pivoting as needed to navigate the challenge. It's interesting that I was just writing about accepting and embracing challenges--and then, bam, super-challenging day.

The original plan called for a mid-afternoon nap before a dj/emcee thing at a local elementary PTA event. Instead, it was straight from work to pick up equipment, home for a very quick refresher shower and change and straight to the event. The original plan called for a 1pm client recording session but that was changed to 10pm. At this point, all I could do was smile and be grateful that I was able to do it while keeping within the boundaries of the plan that helps keep me well.


































I put on a smile and gave the event my all last night. It was good. This is about the 9th or 10th year I've done this annual event.

I couldn't sleep in this morning. I was up super-early to run sound for the TallGrass Tour--then made it to the station for some work, and now--finally back home and about to grab a nap!

I have a broadcast from the big Eli Young Band concert tonight. I don't think I'll be sticking around for the concert, unfortunately-- I think my best move is to head home as soon as my broadcast is over.

I guess what yesterday and the first part of today taught me was how I can adjust when the schedule presses. It pressed! I suppose that's life. A big part of staying well for me requires me to meet life on life's terms without sacrificing the integrity of the boundaries in my daily practice. It's not always easy. In fact, some days it feels almost impossible--but it isn't as long as I maintain proper perspective. The day can get really unbalanced if it wants--I've got to be willing to do the intentional actions needed to help me stay balanced regardless.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.