Sunday, September 9, 2018

September 9th, 2018 Not A Fan

September 9th, 2018 Not A Fan

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I spent some time with Noah today. He's not a fan of bowling. He accidentally crossed the line into the lane and slipped and fell. He was done. We were three frames into our first game. I hope this experience doesn't ruin him for bowling for the rest of his life. I imagine him as an adult someday recounting the story. "My PoPo took me bowling when I was 5. He failed to warn me about the slippery bowling lane. It made perfect sense for me to get as close to the pins as possible, unfortunately, I slipped and fell as soon as I crossed the line. Then PoPo was like, oh yeah--it's real slippery past that line, buddy. Thanks a lot, old man, a touch too late!" I should have warned him of the slipperiness past the line!!
The Final Approach. The "incident" happened one second later.















I've never been a fan of bowling either. I'll never forget flunking the bowling scoring test in PE class. It turned me off on bowling. Any sport that required complicated mathematical formulas wasn't for me. If only Mrs. Brown wouldn't have made it a super important and hard test! If only she would have known that someday a computer would handle this complicated task, maybe I'd be on a bowling team today. Nah, probably not. I don't like the shoes. I think about that test and wonder if it was ever a topic of discussion during a parent-teacher conference? "Mrs. Anderson, Sean doesn't know what to do in the event of a spare or strike despite our best efforts to explain how it works. Maybe you could work on bowling score flashcards at home. He's going to need this skill someday because somebody must keep score."

I think next time we'll try playing catch and maybe some batting cages. I must remember to first explain the importance of keeping your eye on the ball.

We ate lunch at a nice Mexican place. I ordered my usual fajita chicken crispy tacos. They were the best I've had in a long time. Noah consumed literally two chips and three bites of beans and cheese before he was asking, "can we go?" He eats well if he's truly hungry, but doesn't give two hoots about food if he isn't. I'm so happy to see that in him. That was sooooo not me at that age. My questions were different, "can I have more? Do I have to order from the kids menu? Are you gonna eat that? We're not going bowling after this, are we?" 

I also had a good work session with Life Coach Gerri Helms today. We're getting ready for the 4-day/4-hour intensive starting the 17th. It's all about goals, identifying potential obstacles or ones that have long hampered progress, creating an action plan in support of the goal, and living it with a daily practice that includes strong accountability, support, and a realistic time frame. Gerri and I will work together to help you through this transformative four-hour intensive workshop. here's the information:
Click Image To Enlarge





















Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean





1 comment:

  1. Sean! Dude! Just the other day I read this blog and saw your podcast on the left and listened to the first episode with Gerri on the way to work this morning! Total eye opening awesomeness! I plan on listening to them all and am hopeful you have time to do more in the future. Huge fan!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.