Thursday, December 15, 2016

December 15th, 2016 Tilted

December 15th, 2016 Tilted

I've always been open within these writings--and sometimes it's included others, because if they're a big part of my life, it just happens, but only if I have their blessing to share. In the early days of this blog, I wasn't as mindful and considerate as I should have been. Much like my plan over the years, I've personally developed, grown--evolved.

Mom has given me her blessing time and time again to share photos of us together and also share information, like last night's hospitalization. She's suffering from a bad infection. The doctors are on top of it and she's getting the best care. The symptoms this infection created were fairly unsettling. I've communicated directly with the medical staff a few times today--and with mom, of course, just as many, and she's doing exceptionally well. After taking a fall last night, she's somewhat nervous and unsure of her step, but recovering well. I plan on seeing her tomorrow.

Today was tilted. I overslept this morning. I know myself well enough to know--within two hours or less of sleep, my body will completely shut out alarm clocks. I sent a text to a colleague before bed, so my show was covered until I arrived a little over an hour behind schedule.

I did a few post-show tasks, prepared a late breakfast and made my way over to the TV 19 studios to tape a school system TV show I host with the superintendent each month. I know I looked like hell. It doesn't matter with radio--you can't see me. I'm fairly new to this TV stuff. The thought of, wait a second--I didn't make time to shave this morning, hit me as I walked onto the set. Oh well, it's one episode. And it wasn't bad. I didn't look like I spent the night in the gutter, I'm certain.

I had a couple errands to accomplish after the show before finally getting home and crashing for a great nap. My lunch was late and my dinner tonight, even later.

My original plan included a workout at the gym tonight. Instead, I stayed home and accomplished a body weight strength training routine consisting of two thirty-second planks, a sixty-second wall sit, forty push-ups, and forty squats. I'll feel this workout in the morning when I go for my fast #morningdeal routine.





















Yesterday's maintenance weigh-in at the doctor's office was nice. My plan isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, seriously--I acknowledge, I do several things right for me and my plan. But I do several things that could be much much better. Sleep, workout consistency, and the sometimes insanely late dinners are all things imperfect. And they'll never be perfect--and that's okay, but I know they could be better--and will only help my plan and my body, moving forward if I make an effort to improve these areas.

But still, the tight maintenance weight window continues. I feel very blessed--and immensely grateful, of course. The repairing of what I thought was a broken metabolism is one of the biggest blessings along this road. Apparently, it wasn't broken, it just needed the right fuel to operate in an optimal way.

My biggest takeaways from today: How it's important for me to maintain the integrity of certain elements in my plan--even when I don't feel like it. I didn't want to do the #morningdeal mini-workout routine this morning--but I quickly got it done anyway. I was in a mad dash to get out the door--but I still took the time to grab a bag and pick out the foods I needed for this morning. I could have easily skipped the workout tonight (and believe me, I do quite often)-but I made it work and happen, and that feels good. My food schedule wasn't the only thing tilted--my sleep was tilted, too. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday--and the weekend is here because I'll be making time for additional rest, for sure.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I exceeded my daily water goal. I had a great mini-workout this morning and a nice strength training workout tonight. I stayed well connected with great support contacts. It was a challenging day. And it was still a good day. I feel great about that.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. It really is such an effort... sometimes it just really seems a bit unfair. I am not sure how some end up with a weight issue and others don't. I was glad that I ran across your blog tonight... couldn't sleep and it is sort of a God thing I think to see it after several months of not reading it at all. You are an inspiration to many but more importantly than that you are your Mother's son and you are taking good care of her and that is pretty terrific!!!! I hope that you have a Merry Christmas and I will be praying for you and your sweet Mom. Donna Price

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.