Friday, December 23, 2016

December 23rd, 2016 Gratitude

December 23rd, 2016 Gratitude

Expectations are premeditated resentments. I've had a chance to reflect on my gratitude list over the last 24 hours and I've concluded, I have so much to be grateful for in my life. I have a great job, I'm compensated well, I'm living life at a healthy body weight, I have a stable plan--a blog and podcast I love to do--I have enormous love from family and friends. I have many more blessings, too. So, I guess what I'm saying is...perhaps my negative feelings yesterday was just a gut reaction without consideration of all factors in play.  I have it really good in so many ways. I dare not complain! And if improvement in any area is what I want--it's got to start with me. I've learned that powerful truth in different ways over the last eight years.

I'm better now.

I slept in today like a champion. It felt amazing!! Almost eleven hours! I can't remember the last time I slept that long and deep. It tilted my schedule dramatically, but I didn't care. I was proud of myself! I'm thankful for the extra time off during the holidays. There's extra time off coming up next weekend, too.

Once my day started, it got busy quickly--with several errands and Christmas shopping. I'm a last minute shopper--have been for years. And this year is a little better than most--because I didn't stop until I was finished, today--the 23rd, not Christmas Eve, like every other year in the past decade. I feel completely justified in counting my shopping activity as a workout.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I met my daily water goal. And I stayed well connected with great support. I'll aim for another on-plan day, tomorrow.

Whenever I'm feeling the way I was yesterday--it's not a bad thing, I mean--feelings are feelings--but the one thing my teachers have taught me along this road: Feelings pass--they naturally subside, and then, we have a chance to reflect and reassess the circumstance triggering the feelings in the first place...and in my experience, by the time it's had a chance to marinate, my perspective can change. I'm capable of broadening my focus and seeing the bigger picture.

And the bigger picture is a beautiful thing.

Gratitude is a powerful thing. I'm blessed and very grateful.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.