Monday, December 19, 2016

December 19, 2016 Generous Helping of Grace

December 19, 2016 Generous Helping of Grace

Arrangements were made today for mom to make the transition from the hospital to the skilled nursing facility. She'll be just a few miles from my apartment--so that's going to be very nice! And most importantly, she'll receive the constant care and rehab she needs. I'll be making the trip to Stillwater to pick her up from the hospital tomorrow afternoon. We've talked several times today and she's doing much better with it all--and since a lot of details were finalized this morning, I feel much better about that part of things.

I sincerely appreciate all of the advice, suggestions, and prayers during this time. I'm severely behind on email replies of late, so if you've recently contacted me with questions about anything--thank you for your patience, I'll get back to you, soon! I'm also behind on shipping!!! I use priority mail--so if you're waiting on your book order, I plan on stopping at the post office tomorrow on the way out of town--and it should arrive by Thursday or Friday at the very latest.

I returned to the studio for work this evening, after dinner. This is the busiest time of year in broadcasting--and we're all putting in the extra time to get everything finished on time.

I've stayed minimally connected with support today. I'm usually much more connected with support. I've simply been consumed. And really--that's when support is needed the most, so I'll aim to stay better connected tomorrow.

I've continued my extraordinary care by maintaining the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget and remaining abstinent from refined sugar. I met my water goal today. The only thing I didn't meet was my goal to get a workout tonight. I'm extending myself a generous helping of grace in this area--at least right now. It's not going to help for me to beat myself up over this part of my plan.

I'm not big on New Years Resolutions--mainly because I've never kept them, but maybe this time I will, because my workout schedule must get back to a consistent schedule. It's a vital part of my plan--and although I do a small, very fast body-weight strength routine in the morning, it isn't all I need in that department. But again--I'm not beating myself up on this one. I'm doing very well. I'm maintaining my food plan extraordinarily well and I've discovered that if I do that, then the weight maintenance happens. I'm grateful.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. FYI my wife works at the post office, this time of year, particularly this week 2 or 3 day priority packages are no longer guaranteed before Christmas starting today. Its that busy.

    You excel incredibly well with your weight maintenance accountability or from a nutritional standpoint. As you do with your career and important things like taking care of your mom. Your very capable to bring fitness up to the same level of commitment and wish you the best of luck doing this in 2017!

    Today I am celebrating 3 years of my specific no added sweetness requirements. Could have never imagined back then my 15 day no added sugar trial would become life-changing forever commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your plate is very full - also sounds like you are doing what you need to in order to handle all the stress. I remain amazed at all you do and are staying tight with your program. You are an HUGE inspiration to me!!!
    N~

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.