Thursday, December 29, 2016

December 29th, 2016 Practice

December 29th, 2016 Practice

I'm off tomorrow morning! Extra rest will happen. Today was one of those days where I could have planned much better. I had a one on one session tonight--then helped mom move into her new room, and before I knew it, it was 10pm.

My plan was for a late dinner anyway-- I had a late afternoon holdover to get me there-- but when I showed to the restaurant where I planned to dine and watch the rest of the Alamo bowl, their doors were locked. Oh--it's Thursday, not Friday--that's why. The plan abruptly changed.

I made a fast trip to the grocery store, picked up a few things and headed home to prepare a fantastic meal. It was way too late for dinner-- but it happened, and I'm okay with it. Although, the schedule of late coupled with less than the best planning, has resulted in a few late dinners recently. Clearly, some extra consideration must be devoted to this issue. I'm not calling it a trend just yet--but I'm watching myself closely--and I'm staying accountable with solid support contacts. The question is, how can I plan better in order to avoid a tilted food schedule?

Aside from the schedule not being its best--it was a solid day.

I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I exceeded my daily water goal and I stayed well connected with great support.

Mom's liking her new room tonight. It's bigger, more private, and the TV gets a few more channels. She had her hair cut and styled today--and that always lifts her spirits.

I ran into someone at the grocery store whom I hadn't seen in several years. The first thing they said: "You've kept it off all these years!" I don't think they knew about the giant relapse/regain period of this trek--and I didn't feel like going into detail. Wasn't necessary. I thanked them and added, "it's a daily practice." 

And it is a practice. It's never perfect and perfection is never the goal. It's simply a practice each and every day.

When we practice, we do what we do well, fairly easily--and that frees us to focus on things that need improvement--and I have a few areas in need of this focus, believe me.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

3 comments:

  1. Hope your mom has a speedy recovery! All the best to you & yours in the new year - Neca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting... I was just thinking about this. At my job, I've done the same thing over and over everyday for almost 20 years.... I work in an office BTW. Usually changes are gradual and they just merge into the day to day stuff. Starting Jan 1, the way we do everything is going change big time (going paperless... or nearly paperless, no more filing no more getting up to find a file, etc... all the info we need will be scanned into the computer.) I will have to practice everyday to undo what I've been doing for years to create a new way of doing things. I suspect by the end of 2017 I will be proficient but for the first several months I can no longer mindlessly go through the motions of the work I have to do. It will require thought, patience with myself and with my co-workers (as they too, have to relearn) and repetition day after day to relearn. I think I will have to do the same thing with my eating habits, sleep habits, exercise habits. I'm forced with my job to make change and if I can change there, why not with my one and only life? It really is day to day and mistakes will happen and the old adage that practice makes perfect is not true but practice does make what you are doing easier over time. You always leave me with much to think about. Thank you. Off to practice now. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!

    When we practice, we do what we do well, fairly easily--and that frees us to focus on things that need improvement--and I have a few areas in need of this focus, believe me.

    Right there with you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.