Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January 4th, 2017 The Other Side

January 4th, 2017 The Other Side

Twenty-seven years ago--oh my, seems like another lifetime ago. Everything was different--we were just kids and suddenly, parents too! My oldest daughter turned 27 today. I feel like I should be older than my 45 years. Oh yes, the eventual benefits of starting too young. I say "eventual,' because it's not easy being kids with kids! But here we are on the other side of life. And now, it's all good.


Amber and her hubby KL chose the restaurant tonight. It was a Mexican restaurant, but one I rarely visit. In fact, I've eaten there maybe four or five times in the last 13 years--and never while maintaining the integrity of a personal food plan. I was fairly confident I could navigate this place--although it would take some Q&A with the server.

After scanning the menu, I asked about the ingredients used for their salsa. "Any refined sugar?" I love it when the server says "I don't know, but I'll find out." I would much prefer the server go directly to the kitchen and ask the person who creates the food, instead of "uh, I'm not sure," -and I've heard that before, followed by a blank look. Rarely happens that way--but occasionally I must ask directly for what I'm needing in such a way as to impress critical importance. Because it is THAT important to me. This place was wonderful. I also ask about the shells used--making sure they're corn based. After a short while, the information was in--no refined sugar, corn-based tortillas--and everything made in-house. I was able to order separate ingredients--and assemble my plate, easily. It was great!

Mom's nursing center is located a 1/2 mile from the restaurant, so we all headed over for a visit after dinner. KL is hilarious, by the way--in fact, he's yearning to try stand-up. I think he should. It wasn't long before we were all laughing loudly...maybe too loudly! In between laughs and catching her breath, mom uttered, "I haven't laughed this hard in years." It was good therapy for all of us!

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I exceeded my daily water goal. I stayed well connected with wonderful support. And I completed a challenging body-weight strength training routine this evening. I feel well.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.