Wednesday, April 26, 2017

April 26th, 2017 The Importance of Acting

April 26th, 2017 The Importance of Acting

It's good to be here. I had a nice long gratitude session today, where I really thought about all of the things I consider blessings in my life. This blog is on that list. This week marks three years of daily postings and this daily commitment has no doubt, played a big role in keeping my awareness level, support connections, and daily plan in focus.

It certainly doesn't mean it's easy. The challenges of late have been large. Mental, emotional, and circumstantial challenges have tried me. I try to remind myself, each day, the importance of acting instead of reacting. The deeply ingrained reactions to compulsively eat instead of face whatever it is in front of me, don't just disappear. It doesn't matter how long I've maintained this healthy body weight, if I stop acting--and revert to reacting, I'll quickly lose peace and stability with food. That peace and stability is on loan and the payment required of me involves actions.

Acting involves a lot of things--the fundamental elements of the daily plan, of course. But the biggest action is always reaching for support. It's one of the toughest things to embrace, and one of the most important, in my opinion.

I took a 1/2 sick day today. I didn't sleep well last night and I had a dentist appointment this afternoon, so the 1/2 day was a good move. It allowed me to get a little more rest before the extractions.

I've rescheduled this appointment twice because of my schedule and also because I've been dreading it so much. I was relieved to get this part of the process behind me.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I thought I might feel well enough tonight for a gym trip--but honestly, I don't. I'm dropping in bed.

Today's Accountability Tweets:
































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself Sean!
    N~

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.