Sunday, April 2, 2017

April 2nd, 2017 Flip It

April 2nd, 2017 Flip It

Today didn't go as planned. It started well planned. I enjoyed 9 hours of sleep last night. In fact, it was the first Saturday night in recent memory where I was in bed before midnight. Naturally, I woke refreshed and ready to accomplish a big bunch of things today.

The expression "biting off more than you can chew" comes to mind. I've done that literally and figuratively my entire life. Then, after not accomplishing the list, whatever that might contain, I spend more time beating myself up for not--completely ignoring any kind of good as I successfully hold myself in a down position. Maybe my brain has a hard time determining what's reasonable in other areas, besides food.

How can we move forward in harmony with our goals if we're constantly holding ourselves in a down position? 

I did go back to work in an attempt to finish things I didn't yesterday. I spent far too much time there and still fell short of getting everything done that needed done.

I had a phone meeting at 6pm, a visit with mom, a trip to the store--dinner...and what about the workout I planned to do--or what's up with episode 15 of the podcast??? Put that on the list of things I wanted to get accomplished today, but didn't.

Oh, and a bedtime plan? Uh, yeah-- not hitting my mark on that one either--unless I sleep until 5:30am--and I can't do that and still make it to work on time. Instead of 7 hours sleep tonight, it'll be 6.

I made a declaration--an accountability pledge on these things--and it's not happening, today.

It's no wonder why I left the nursing facility short of breath--a mild panic attack coming on, but this time I knew exactly why. I was focusing on everything I didn't do today--and as the minutes ticked away on the clock, it worsened, or heightened my focus.

I've got to flip it around. Instead of focusing on what I didn't get accomplished, I must acknowledge what I did do well. Aside from accomplishing several things at work...

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with support. I did those things. And I did them with precision.

Me not eating through times of high stress and emotion--trust me, that's a miracle.

Today's Accountability Tweets:


























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.