Friday, August 24, 2018

August 24th, 2018 Very Special Guest Post

August 24th, 2018 Very Special Guest Post

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Tonight, I'm doing something I've only done one other time in the ten-year history of this blog. I'm featuring a guest post! Tonight's special guest is my friend, mentor, and world-class Life Coach, Gerri Helms! Thank you, Gerri!
















“I often end my emails with the last words from one of my earlier works: “Something wonderful is about to happen.””
-Michael Kelly

For much of my life, I waited for the other shoe to drop. That gloom and doom attitude kept me from what Michael Kelly eludes to—something wonderful happening. As a morbidly obese woman, my "something wonderful" was to lose weight.

Hoping to lose weight while eating is not conducive to a perky size ten, but I had a moment of clarity (exactly twenty-one years to the day before Sean’s epiphany). I made some very significant changes which resulted in something wonderful happening. I lost weight, 100+ pounds and maintained that for the next twenty years.

Waiting for something wonderful to happen greatly reduces the likelihood of anything happening. When nothing changes, nothing changes. Dreams of losing weight require taking action on a daily basis, creating a bottom line that absolutely won’t be crossed. I needed not only a realistic goal but also a good plan on how to achieve it. There would be obstacles, such as well-intentioned friends and family offering what I fondly refer to as ‘love on a plate’, but I learned that ‘no’ is a complete sentence.

Obtaining a healthy body weight was just the beginning for me, the first of many wonderful things happening. I changed careers and became a certified life coach, wrote a book and retired to travel with my husband in our RV. All good stuff.

About five years ago, health challenges and medication threatened to take away that one-hundred-pound weight loss. I gained some of it back while sticking to what I knew worked and did not succumb to falling face-first in a pizza, although it seemed tempting many times. I knew that if I kept doing what I was doing, something wonderful would happen again for me.

Hey, I’m sixty-nine years old and have no visions of wearing a bikini someday, but I am confident that good things are in store for me. I have a new action plan, understand my obstacles and am making the healthiest body weight a priority for me.

In a few weeks, Sean and I will host an intensive one-week workshop and hope you’ll join us. If you are waiting for something wonderful to happen, perhaps it is time for you to consider what you are willing to do. Whether it’s a career change, retirement like me, or even weight loss, this just might be the launch of something wonderful happening for you too.

--Gerri Helms
-------------------------------------
Update: We had to make a change to the dates of our upcoming workshop! It now starts on September 17th! Here's the updated informational flyer. You can click the image below to enlarge! Call or text 580-491-2228 for more information, questions, or to request a sign-up registration. You can also email me: transformation.road@gmail.com



















Today's Featured Tweet:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.