Saturday, June 1, 2019

June 1st, 2019 Contents

June 1st, 2019 Contents

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I've been doing a lot of work lately, work on me--not "job" work. I've been doing a lot of that, too, of course, but the biggest, most important work continues to be the mental/emotional/spiritual work I'm making important.

It's so easy to get into patterns and ruts--and aren't we, as humans, great at adjusting, accepting, and just doing it? In that mode, it's easy to simply make our way through without stopping to examine how we can make positive changes.

Is it crisis mode? No. This is a mode where there's a heightened awareness, mindfulness, and most of all, a willingness to examine all aspects of my life. This is the work. Creating more balance, evaluating different elements of daily practices, being more connected and present--and along the way, making sometimes difficult choices and changes, big and small.

When I started this over ten years ago, I was convinced that achieving a healthy body weight would fix everything I perceived to be wrong in my life. As I made my way through the transformation experience, I realized the physical transformation was truly the least of what I needed. The idea that achieving a healthy body weight would magically make everything better and overwhelm me with sheer joy and happiness turned out to be wrong. I'm fortunate to have had this realization five years ago. However, just having the epiphany doesn't magically change things, either. Intentional actions based on new information must follow.

Here's the thing: Physical change without mental/emotional/spiritual growth is simply changing the package; the contents remain the same. It reminds me of a popular phrase in recovery circles, "wherever you go, there you are." 

The bottom line for me: I'm grateful. I love what I do. I love the private support group I facilitate, I love working one on one with a small list of clients, and I love the opportunities those relationships provide in the way of witnessing incredible transformations in perspective--and of course, physical. I'm grateful for the opportunity to grow and develop in every way imaginable. In putting it out here, on the page, perhaps it might help you or someone else along the way.

I'm as excited about the ever-evolving non-physical transformation as I was about the physical. This deeper mental/emotional/spiritual work, in my opinion, and experience, is the key to long-term sustainability--and dare I say, true fulfillment, genuine peace, and real joy.
-------------------
Just a recap--Friday was loaded, work-wise and it didn't leave me with much energy for anything else. Yesterday was much better. And today is poised to be an exceptional day for progress in key areas for me.

My morning foundational routine is complete and I'm about to prepare a good meal. Have an amazing Sunday and thank you for reading! A couple of meals from yesterday as shared on my Instagram:



Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.