Thursday, June 6, 2019

June 6th, 2019 "Serf" Those Waves

June 6th, 2019 "Serf" Those Waves

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Mom seemed much better when I arrived at the hospital today. Last night the effects of the UTI were making it very hard for her to speak in complete sentences or make any sense at all with her words. Today she was watching TV, talking, laughing, and taking phone calls from loved ones. However, I just left her room tonight and it seems to be a little worse. She's back to struggling with her words and thoughts. The good news is, they're continuing to aggressively treat pneumonia and the UTI, and it seems they're keeping her blood sugar at reasonable levels. It'll just take a little while for those high powered antibiotics to do their thing. Thank you for all of the prayers and well wishes for mom.

I've simplified my plan for the last few nights by dining out for dinner. Not the best for my budget, but for me and the schedule of late, I've made it work. Honestly, a little more planning on my part could have made that plan a different one--but I'm okay with it at the moment. I meant to leave work early today, although it didn't exactly turn out that way. There was very little downtime this afternoon, then I did a location broadcast this evening from the rodeo before returning home for a support group conference call, then dinner at the Mexican place (chicken fajita crunchy tacos--of course!) followed by a visit with mom and her nurses at the hospital.

I do have that uncomfortable feeling of running behind on a lot of things but I'm doing my best to relax, take a deep breath, and simply let it be for now.

Every day is different. As challenging as things become, we know they change and can become better before the next wave of challenges. We learn to "SERF" those waves, right? I meant serf, not surf. SERF comes from the teachings of Dr. Marty Lerner. It stands for the different structural elements of a daily practice: Spiritual, Exercise, Rest, and Food. My S and F seem to be fairly decent lately, my E and R, not so much. He's actually changed it to SMERF, adding Meditation, so I suppose my M is in a decent place as well. Three out of five isn't horrible right now. But I intend on making improvements to my E and R in the coming days and weeks. 

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.