Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 379 The Candy Store of Non-Scale Victories

Day 379

The Candy Store of Non-Scale Victories

I've been doing a lot of celebrating lately. That doesn't mean 'food' like it did once upon a time, but I think some of my focus, OK, I know that some of my focus has suffered. This transformation has allowed me to experience things I once only dreamed of, and that's cool, but I mustn't forget, we've got work to do! As dramatic of a change I've had over the last 379 days, there's more to come, so I need not get too caught up where I am now.

It's like I hit the 200 pounds lost mark and went nuts! Think about it: I hit the 200 lost mark and then totally scrambled my schedule. I can't remember the last time I was at the YMCA. What about that consistent routine that brought me here? It's been replaced by a hectic routine of wearing size 40 pants, riding roller-coasters, and performing on stage. And don't get me wrong, all of this is good, more than good really...it's great! But I need to get back to the routine that brought me here because we've still got work to do.

I love the play I'm in. It is definitely something I needed to do. I'm so happy to be a part of it, but after the curtain falls on that final performance October 17th, you can bet that Sean here is getting back to basics. Through it all, my food and calorie budget has remained rock solid. At this point, that's a very easy part for me. And yes, I'm getting exercise in my current activities, but nothing like I need. The great thing about this? Time is my friend. And I'm able to recognize when I'm getting carried away with this newfound freedom. It's time to recognize that and make the adjustments necessary to proceed.

If I stopped losing weight and trying to get in shape today, just settled on the success I've found thus far, it would still be an amazing change. But I deserve more. I want more. This isn't the body I've always dreamed of, and I understand that perfection is a destination just past crazy, so I'm not trying to be perfect. I just know what this body is capable of---and this isn't all there is my friend. I can completely understand how some people can reach a point like this and completely settle. I feel great. I can sleep like a baby without the help of a CPAP machine. I can fit in a small car. I can wear jeans I haven't been able to wear since I was a kid. I can run up stairs. I can fit on any amusement ride you can show me. I can do all of that and more! Shoot, I can even take a picture, look at it, and think...wow, that's pretty good huh? So yes, I can see how easy it would be to settle. I will not settle. I need to leave the candy store of non-scale victories and head down this road with the same determined spirit and consistent routine that has given me all of these rewards.

I did something today that I haven't done in a while. I read several blogs and commented many of them. I sincerely miss staying up with my blogging friends and it was wonderful to check in and see how many of them are doing. It's awesome to see that everyone seems to be doing great! If I missed you, please forgive and understand. I've always cherished the support you've given me and I'm grateful for the understanding that many have extended me during this crazy time in my life, when there just hasn't been the time to read and comment like I use to. But still, once again...it's a schedule I created. It's a schedule that will be returning to normal soon. And I can't wait.

New Me has given me the “Honest Scrap” award! This award requires me to reveal ten things about me that I haven't already shared. Hmmm...what have I not shared? OK, I'm sure there are ten, but man, they're going to be personal---and really hard to write and release into the world. So, I'm going to ponder those ten items and write them soon. I'll also reveal the ten that I will pass the award to when that post is written. It will be good, I'm sure. Thank you New Me!

Thank you for reading and following my success along this most amazing journey. I've included a picture below of me in a school desk. This desk was at rehearsal tonight and from the moment I laid eyes on it, I wanted to try it out. Even in 8th or 9th grade I couldn't fit in this kind of a desk, but tonight it was easy. It was amazing. I fit in a school desk with space between my stomach and the desk, can you believe that? Unbelievable. Just wonderful, amazing! Goodnight and...

Good Choices,
Sean

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Hi Sean,

    Thanks for taking the Honest Scrap challenge. I can't wait to see what you have to say. And it was nice to get your wonderful comments again.

    I've been following your progress every day, from wherever I am, and remain truly amazed.

    Keep up the good work, but slow down the pace a bit (I know, after the play...)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's healthy to have a life outside dieting and exercise. Experiencing new things and getting out and about with your family is good for the soul and your body needs (deserves) that as well as your mind, so don't fret about the schedule at the moment. But, yes, get back into the routine as soon as the play is over!

    Desks, cars, chairs, rides - what more can a person ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting at that desk must have felt pretty sweet! Bravo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very great observation. I'm at the same point as you. I need to lose another 20 pounds to get to my goal, to make it an even 100 pounds.

    I've been doing this lame, "is this good enough?" based on where I am now. No, it's not, but my mind is playing that head game on me, telling me I feel good, look okay, so it's good enough.

    You reminded it's not, I need to push on to the finish line.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby....WOW look at you...You look AMAZING sitting in that desk...wow...I cant get over how thin you look...just so wonderful what you have done and so proud and thankful!!
    Love You always,
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love routine and I agree that you need to settle down and get back there, but real life does consist of interruptions to the routine. The fact that you're keeping your calories in check is a victory in itself. Seems like you're fitting into quite a few new places these days Sean. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's easy to get caught up in the crazy good feelings and forget what got you there. Way to write yourself a reality check; it may be a few weeks before you're able to cash it, but I have no doubt you're good for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those desks are tiny, and you look really comfortable in it! Congrats Sean. Sometimes those NSV are even better than losses on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound great Sean. I have to say I had a lump in my throat after reading your post about the amusement park. I'm so happy for you and the pictures are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go on holding yourself strong and accountable, recoginizing that for you, theres a bit more yet to be done.

    I admire that a lot given all the things you have, are, and can do now. I mean, holy smokes man, one of those desks! I cant even imagine.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nonscale victories sure are sweet & I love the candy store anology. ;)

    Glad you got to really savor them but glad to see you pushing through to reach the goals you've set for yourself.

    We know you'll do it!

    Best wishes,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pic of you in the school desk!

    And I gave you my crappy, homegrown, MS Paint blog award today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sean. It's completely understandable that you can't wait to enjoy life now that you're able to do so many things that were unimaginable before. Hitting milestones often throws people off track - but you've still got your eye on the goal of an *even better* life. I know you'll get there.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sean I am so happy for you. I am 15 lbs from being UNDER 200 lbs. WOOT WOOT. I can't imagine having any scale with ME on it start with a 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    http://workbabies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey you! I did a post last night on NSV's....are you copying me now??? lol...totally kidding. Good post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful to see you staying on track and remaining focused. Congrats on the award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an inspiration! It would be so easy for you to sit back and enjoy the (amazing!!) success you have already had, but you continue to push on. AWESOME post :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know, I went to my older daughter's school last year and managed to squeeze into the desk that was there. I have lost at least 44 lbs and this year, it won't be such a tight squeeze. I'm looking forward to that and many other things as well. Enjoy life Sean....it's nice to see.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just did the mini "went nuts" thing after hitting 25 pounds lost. I then got all full of myself and gained 3 pounds. My first gain! Hopefully lesson learned for me. I have such an ego.

    Those desks in High School and college I could ram myself into, They were very tight and I hated them, but now I'm not sure if I could get in one. I know I still shake even looking at the white plastic lawn chairs for sure.

    White plastic lawn chairs are banned at Foolsfitness. We have nice leather musty old chairs! -Alan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those desks have haunted me since high school. Ugh. In other news: you're still being awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic that you can fit in that desk...

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.