Wednesday, February 4, 2015

February 4th, 2015 Embracing Today

February 4th, 2015 Embracing Today

One of the biggest benefits of taking good care is the balance it creates. I feel balanced with food and exercise, today. I add "today," because it's not a guarantee. If I stop taking good care, it would likely turn back into chaos quickly.

I do my best to take it one day at a time. But what does this mean? To me, it means living today the best I can without dwelling on yesterday's performance or putting too much thought into where tomorrow will find me. Yesterday doesn't get to determine my day, today. Tomorrow needs to be patient, its turn is coming. The human element makes this difficult sometimes. But again, doing the best we can today, is all we can do. It sounds simplistic. It isn't always. The lure of critical self-thoughts about past performance and the promise of all possibilities tomorrow, take a lot of head space. When I get obsessive about these things, it leaves less room to focus on today. Planning and preparing are good things, of course, but I try to leave a little room to grow, just in case I suddenly need to make adjustments along the way. In other words, I try to keep an open mind, let go of yesterday and relax about needing to have the future figured out while I embrace today, the now.

 photo b43e8db8-8f6d-4bf1-9759-104b701ad777_zpsmmae7p55.jpg
This little guy stopped by the studio today for a quick visit! My grandson Noah is 18 months old. I swear, the joy I feel when I see him is indescribable. One of my big goals is to continue taking extraordinary care of myself, so my daughters, Noah and future grandkids, don't have to worry about me all the time. When they think of me, I want them to feel certainty that I'm doing my best to take care. Forty years from now, I hope and pray I'm the 83 year old out there jogging or at least walking, daily...and occasionally enjoying a nice visit with a 42 year old Noah!

My plan for Yoga this afternoon didn't work out. A nap and a snooze alarm played a major role in this sudden shift of plans. I made a quick adjustment, deciding on weight training and elliptical at the YMCA.

I also planned to cook dinner at home, but changed those plans, too, when I realized how late it would be if I made a grocery trip then cooked. I opted for a chicken fajita salad at my favorite little Mexican restaurant just a few blocks from the YMCA. It's not on the menu like this...I just order the components and put it together at the table. My strategy at the Mexican restaurant: Limit the chips, no cheese (depending on calorie budget), no beans, no rice, no guacamole and I order corn based tortillas/shells instead of flour tortillas. This is what works for me. I skipped the taco shells tonight, instead putting the chicken on a bed of lettuce with salsa and sour cream. It was a calorie budget decision. I wanted to keep room for some fruit as my #lastfoodofday.

My Tweets Today:
































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

9 comments:

  1. Seriously so proud of you Sean. And I totally get the desire to see your kids and grandkids grow old. I think of that a lot now. Thanks for helping me and others along our paths to lifestyle change as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shane, thank you, my friend. Watching them grow old and taking the best care I can along the way-- very important to me! You're so welcome. I'm incredibly happy for you and what you and your family is accomplishing together. It's incredible, Shane! Congrats!

      Delete
  2. everything I do, I do for my family. I get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noah is adorable! Isn't it the very best when you get those surprise visits???! Your day just shines after that!
    I love when I watch my grandkids and have the energy to play with Jakey who is 4 and runs me ragged and Caylie who is 6 months old and demands every ounce of energy from me. @ 300 lbs I couldn't do that. Damn, I couldn't even get on the floor with them , let alone play! Now its so much easier and joyful.
    WTG Sean for all your hard work, for keeping us in your world and for inspiriing us on a daily basis!
    Rosie.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosie! Doesn't it feel amazing to be able to move again?
      6 months and 4 years old!! Oh my...They're going to keep you running!
      Noah is such a blessing. The day does shine whenever he's in it!
      Thank you for the WTG... You're very welcome! I sincerely appreciate your support along the way!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely little fellow! And Noah's gorgeous too!!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see what you did, there! Thank you, Zoe! He is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.