Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21st, 2015 I Made It

September 21st, 2015 I Made It

I recently shared with you my seven year anniversary post. We revisited Day 1. In that Day 1 blog post, I wrote about envisioning my own funeral and how those moments were created any time I felt a twinge of pain in my chest. Will this be the time? Will my funeral be on Thursday? Those thoughts were very serious and quite scary.

Despite the frightening thoughts, I still struggled for almost two decades near, at or above 500 pounds. When those thoughts would race through my head, I was thinking of a wife and those two little girls who might lose their father at a young age. The thoughts of how that might affect them and the idea of not seeing them grow up was devastating, but still, I couldn't seem to find my way out. 

When I look at these pictures of me dancing with my adult aged daughters, I realize. I made it. By the grace of God, I somehow made it.

 photo photo_zpsznjbsjd1.jpg
Dancing with Courtney and Amber at Amber's wedding on May 30th, 2015

Today was an exceptional day. I prepared some good food in harmony with my plan and goals, I completed my training run (week 8 day 1 C25K--5 minute walk-28 minute jog-5 minute walk), I exceeded my water goal and I was involved with one on one and group support interactions.

I made the Winning Loser Video Blog Episode 1.5, too! And that was a bunch of fun! It's currently taking forever to upload to YouTube. My hope is, it'll be done by the time I get up in the morning and I will add it to this post here:

5:20am update: It's been uploading all night and it's still at 15%! Uhg!!! I'll try doing it from desktop.
Finally!





































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

4 comments:

  1. So, I watched. I didn't get a paper or pen or pencil like you suggested... I just couldn't.
    I just don't find that in myself at the moment. I will perhaps with time. But I will def. give it a thought.
    You sir are a nut! LOL Are you always a crazy kinda guy?? *Steve Martin* .... that's who you remind me of!
    Good Vblog.. blog... V..blog.. not sure what it is.. but nice to put a voice to the words!
    :)
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie, thank you!! You're not the first who has told me they couldn't identify their core elements. Please don't give up trying. It's worth the effort, I promise.
      I think my sense of humor will really come out even more as this Vlog, video blog--or whatever it's called, progresses! Thank you for the wonderfully kind words!

      Delete
  2. I did get pen and paper. You are so spot on. Thank you for putting into perspective in a straightforward, easy to understand manner. As you said, this can apply to so many areas of our life. I am a nurse. If I don't live up to my expectations or if someone makes a negative comment, my first thought is, I'm a failure. 35 years in the profession, it's where I put my identity because I don't like the fat me. Yet one comment and I tend to feel crushed. The difference being, I have had more success, more positives with this identity and although nursing is a major part of who I am, I am so much more than "Lori, the nurse". I need to start writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, yes-yes-yes!!! Please start writing. There are elements of you in need of nourishment!
      I'm so glad the message struck a chord with you.
      You're very welcome and thank you for watching! I'm looking forward to more!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.