Sunday, September 27, 2015

September 27th, 2015 Big Faith and Courage

September 27th, 2015 Big Faith and Courage

(Certain portions of tonight's post were taken from archived entries)

The most interesting elements along this road to me, are the psychological/mental/emotional parts. These have the ability to swing in both directions depending on how they're used. It makes the difference between consistency and chaos. The food and exercise plans are fundamentals for success, but in my opinion aren't necessarily the most critical elements.

Make no mistake, learning the importance of your personal food boundaries (like my abstinence from sugar) quickly become monumental difference makers.

However, In my opinion, the parts between our ears determine our trajectory, every time. This is why many of us can experience incredible success doing different plans, or 'what works for us,' and still find so much in common along the way.

The greatest challenge is a matter of faith. Believing in yourself enough to ignite that certain something within you that says, "I'm doing this. I don't have all the answers, I don't know how necessarily, but I'm doing it and I'll figure out what works for me along the way." That takes big faith and courage.

This is especially difficult for anyone who must have all the answers before they start. Some of the smartest people I know have the hardest time getting started. I personally know of a doctor who is well over 400 pounds. A doctor! I use this, not in a judgmental way, but simply as an example to illustrate how it's not about intelligence. It's about simplifying your elements, your fundamentals--setting up some kind of support and accountability system and most importantly, keeping an open mind along the way. 

Incredibly intelligent people sometimes have a hard time simplifying. If you're struggling, is it a compliment to your intelligence?

It could be! Keep it simple, my friend.

Simple allows room for growth--it's that evolution of good choices we've discussed many times. Be careful though, something simple can easily be used to describe a means to an end. Like Paul Poundsoff's Aunt Mona, who lost 80 pounds eating cabbage soup or Paul's boiled egg and hot dog diet. Sounds simple enough. Easy grocery shopping! But is it something sustainable indefinitely? This question gives you the answer for any particular plan: Is what I'm doing or about to do, in order to lose weight, something I can slightly adjust into maintenance mode and continue doing for the rest of my life? 

I enjoy what I eat. That's an important element for me. If I didn't, this would get real bad, quickly.

I tried a popular 'Nutritional System' over twenty years ago. I remember filling out this long questionnaire about my preferences before my in-office counselor filled a bag with my pre-boxed and dehydrated food supply. It was determined I had what they called a "high flavor set-point." I'm not sure if I know what that means, other than, I like my food rich, tasty and delicious. But doesn't everybody?

In hindsight, it seems a little crazy to make this "high flavor set-point" determination and then hand me a bag of what I considered barely edible items. Was it doable? Yes. Edible? Of course--I ate it all. But was it truly enjoyable? Not even close. It was a means to an end. In the portions handed me, I could absolutely lose weight. However, I wasn't learning anything about how to handle real world-real food situations.

-------------------------------------------
After the big day yesterday, I relaxed. I needed a good rest day. My plan to pick up Noah this evening was changed to tomorrow night. I made the trip to visit mom this evening. We had a nice time and enjoyed dinner out at our favorite and most common dinner destination.

I'm looking forward to the week ahead! More Winning Loser Video Blogs are coming! I'm super excited about this project. If you didn't get a chance to watch the first three, here they are together for your viewing pleasure! I plan on creating a space along the left hand side of the screen where all of these video blogs will live, in order.

Thank you for reading and watching!





My Tweets Today:
























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. Sean, I FINALLY got to watch the latest video. You had me laughing out loud but powerful message at the end! Keep them coming!

    Dede

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it!! :) I'm absolutely planning on more and more!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.