Thursday, September 3, 2015

September 3rd, 2015 So Glad That's Done

September 3rd, 2015 So Glad That's Done

I was really downplaying this procedure today, not really expecting it to slow me down too much. It wasn't until I left the doctor's office when I started thinking about the need for this to be a rest day from exercise.

The procedure was the removal of a clogged salivary gland on my lower-inner lip. This required a local anesthetic and some precision slicing by Dr. Rebik. It required stitches and a couple of prescriptions after the excavation of flesh. I didn't realize how exhausting my anxiety leading up to the procedure became. It was a huge relief when it was over. My goodness, I'm so glad that's done.

I handled the anxiety well, I think. I didn't let it affect my resolve to take extraordinary care. I kept very busy with work and in close communication with my support contacts--not about the procedure, mainly about normal weight loss support issues and affirmations. In fact, I had a location meeting/record session right up until fifteen minutes before the procedure. I made sure to eat well, too. It was a good day, made even better by a nice surprise at Dr. Rebik's office.
 photo Dr20Rebik20and20Me_zpsgndvunz9.jpg
I arrived at my appointment and was greeted in the exam room by Dr. Rebik holding his copy of my book. It turns out, Dr. Rebik attended the January 19th, 2013 Oklahoma Osteopath Winter Conference with over three hundred other doctors and medical professionals. I was one of the featured speakers that day and Dr. Rebik was one of the doctors who purchased my book after the presentation. This was a very cool surprise. He showed me where I signed it to him and we had a nice time recalling that special day at the Hard Rock Hotel in Tulsa. It also served as a nice reminder of how much I desire reviving my schedule of speaking engagements.

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Rebik. He put me at ease and immediately took away the anxiety issue. He's an amazing ear, nose and throat doctor!

I'm on a pain medication and an antibiotic. I took it easy this evening. I feel good about that decision. I sincerely appreciate all of the wonderful comments, messages and emails after yesterday's maintenance weigh-in. Your support is such a wonderful gift. Thank you!

My Tweets Today:


























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

7 comments:

  1. Glad your doctor was able to put you at ease and your surgery is done. I think weighing very 2 weeks is good at maintenance because I had become to obsessed with the scale. You won't gain or lose to much weight in that time and adjustments can be made. Thank you so much posting about not eating sugar. I know this is something I have to get control of again. I wish I could express myself half as well as you. I have trouble faith that my thoughts are often jumbled. Take care and hope it heals quickly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan--the obsessed with the scale--yes--that's certainly something I don't want to develop! You're welcome about the sugar abstinence posting. I'll tell you, Joan--it has, without exception, been the best nutritional and weight loss/recovery decision I've ever made. It's truly a life changing experience.
      I appreciate you, Joan. Thank you again. It's healing! Thank goodness!

      Delete
  2. I need a edit button don't know how faith got in the second to last sentence lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too--mostly when I text or use my phone to post something. :)

      Delete
  3. That's good you are taking care of yourself. The mouth heals quickly. You are right worrying about it so much worse than the procedure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A--Thank you. I hope it heals quickly. And isn't that the truth--the anxiety expects far worse than reality.

      Delete
  4. Sean, I usually try to keep up but realized that I was a day or two behind! :( Anyway, totally understand how exhausting the anxiety about this made you.....I felt that way earlier this week for Ted's procedure. Glad you are healing well!

    Dede

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.