Thursday, March 23, 2017

March 23rd, 2017 Reframe It

March 23rd, 2017 Reframe It

Today was a long one. It's days like today when I must have a plan in place. Actually--check that, I must have a plan in place each and every day--but especially when the schedule is challenging. I did have a plan and I followed it well.

I had the pleasure and benefit of some powerful support interactions, too. The direction of the support exchange doesn't matter, both parties benefit every single time. It sure helped me today. If you ever entertain the thought "I don't want to reach out for support because I don't want to bother anyone," try your best to reframe it.

For one, please don't assume what the other person is doing on the receiving end. And don't take it personally if the reply is delayed. The most powerful part of a support call or text--happens when the message is sent. The act of sharing with another human exactly where you are at any particular moment changes things. Suddenly, those wild thoughts don't live exclusively in your head. 

But the biggest reframe in my opinion: When you reach for support, you're giving the receiver an opportunity to help someone--and in that, you're essentially extending a feel-good gift, because who doesn't feel great when they're able to help someone? Not reaching out for support denies them the opportunity to help.  

Mom's doctor appointment went well. It was her last appointment with her primary care doctor of 20 years. She's switched to a new doctor who's in charge where she lives. We didn't get back until almost 9pm--and we were surprised to see her new doctor making rounds. He stopped by to check on mom and we were able to give him the details of today's visit.

We dined out at one of our old favorites tonight. And mom was able to do some clothes shopping.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with wonderful support.

Today's Accountability Tweets:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean,

    I'm a first time caller, long time listener (so to speak). Your words about needed to stay connected via phone and text really spoke to me. Before a slip on Wednesday, I had been abstinent from binge foods and compulsive food behaviors for 5 months. I know this has been due to the fact that I let my essential plan get sloppy and I had not been reaching out. Thankfully, I was able to get back on track and am now committed to reaching out to others via phone everyday. Staying connected has to be one of the non-negotiable elements of my life if I'm going to stay abstinent.

    Thank you for consistently sharing your journey. Your words have a been a comfort to me many times over the years. Keep up the good work and inspiration.

    Best Wishes,
    Kari A.

    PS
    I love your podcast!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.