Wednesday, June 21, 2017

June 21st, 2017 Better

June 21st, 2017 Better

When you're sick, you're sick. But when the day's responsibilities are big enough, it challenges to assess the situation, try to pull it together and make it through. I wasn't running a fever this morning-that would have been a deal breaker, but I was still not well. The schedule was a big one and although backup was ready, if I could make it through, then I needed to at least give it a go. I ended up making it through except the last two hours when a colleague was kind enough to step in and relieve me.

I came home, enjoyed a lunch I ordered and picked up on the way home and got some more rest. It was needed. I felt remarkably better this evening. Although, I didn't push it. I canceled my planned visit with mom and workout plans, opting to stay put. It was a good move.

My food schedule was a tad tilted today--and I didn't feel much like eating my breakfast and lunch, but I did--and kept it down...and by the time dinner rolled around, I was feeling energetic. I Tweeted a little more detail of the dinner prep, and that was fun.

I also enjoyed a couple of support exchanges this evening and had a nice call with my closest mentor and advisor. One of the things we discussed as far as my food is concerned was my removal of natural peanut butter from my food list. I may be reintroducing some kind of natural refined sugar-free nut butter soon in order to have something calorie dense to help on days when the budget is running low. I did keep my calories up much better than yesterday. Yesterday's more than 1,000 calories short was a little much. But I was sick. Still, I'll admit, there's been a trend toward running under budget...100, 200, even 400 under. I'm looking at that closely and developing ideas to restore a consistent balance.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with great support.

Today's Accountability Tweets:






























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember when you last had pb nor how you ate it (on bread?).

    But I wanted to say, I use natural pb to boost calories on a very low calorie day. And I have two tricks with it.

    I add protein powder to it. (Mix it in a tiny bowl) This helps the numbers. And changes the texture.

    And I do not eat it on bread. I often eat it with sliced apples and use the apple slices as a spoon of sorts. Or sometimes I just eat it with a regular spoon.

    So as you consider other nut butters or perhaps re-evaluate natural pb, you might want to try other options for pairing. It might be the pairing that was creating the problem.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.