Tuesday, June 27, 2017

June 27th, 2017 Anything Less

June 27th, 2017 Anything Less

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

Today really started last night with weather coverage at the studio. It's part of my job and I'm compensated for that extra work, so I'm not complaining, but it does affect the next day, without doubt. I overslept this morning--never a good thing for any job, and especially in broadcasting!

I left the studio after working a little later this afternoon, headed to the store and then home for a quick, very short nap, before tonight's group calls. I prepared, cooked, and finished dinner just before 9pm, then made a trip to mom's for a fast visit. 

And now--thankfully, no chance of severe weather tonight--and I'm ready to hit the pillow. I'm grateful. It was a solid day. Busy day--yes, rushed start--oh my, yes...but a day with several built-in moments of reflection and gratitude. I've noticed I do better work when I'm in this mindset.

Mindful eating is a hot topic these days. Just a few thoughts...

To me, it starts with defining what "mindful eating" means to me. And I think the definition is unique for each of us. Mine means being mindful of my personal triggers, mindful of my portions, and mindful of my planning and preparing- and lastly, mindful while eating, from when and where, to slowing down and actually enjoying it, instead of inhaling it. 

If I'm not being mindful with my food, I'm being mindless. 

And that takes me to extreme morbid obesity. Been there! 

The biggest thing for me was accepting and then embracing what I require for stability with my food plan. I'll never be one who can just casually eat "like a normal person." 

"My normal" is what I must do each day to maintain my plan. After decades of using food in unhealthy ways, my brain isn't wired to handle anything less than a structured plan. And if that's true, then it was/is up to me (with help from those who've gone before me) to develop a plan I could/can rally behind- enjoy, and embrace each day- instead of struggling, rejecting, rebelling, and resenting. And those feelings/emotions/things, in my opinion, are normal, common, and part of the natural process. These things simply mean I must continue to develop it until it fits nicely for me and my unique self. 

Today's Accountability Tweets:
Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. Listened to your recent podcast with Heather. Enjoyed it very much. Particularly noticed her points on working with a therapist, boundaries, habits, loops, age 8, focusing on the process, and looking at yourself like a science experiment. Really great information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather talked a lot about how her obesity habits got started at an early age. Some of your other guests have addressed that too.

      I would really like to see you address that topic in a series of podcasts.

      Stopping the obesity trend in families.

      I believe family habits have far more to do with obesity than family genetics.

      And I see formally obese people who still have terrible habits when it comes to their families.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.