Tuesday, June 6, 2017

June 6th, 2017 To Stay Well

June 6th, 2017 To Stay Well

Every so often I make a point to give my daily food plan and its structure (the non-food elements) a good evaluation. The last time I did this, I eliminated natural peanut butter from my list of acceptable foods. I don't have anything pulling on me hard enough to eliminate anything new today, but that's always subject to change.

Part of this evaluation includes exploring what makes some elements work. The weighing, measuring, logging, and tweeting has helped me create pause between "it's time to eat" and the food. And in that space, my awareness is at its highest. The truth of why I do what I do is quietly acknowledged and given the reverence it deserves--the reverence it requires for me to stay well.

I'm a food addict. I maintained a body weight of 500 pounds plus for nearly 20 years and I don't believe that's accomplished without food addiction--certainly not by me. 

The road to weight loss, a detour through relapse/regain, making the way back to weight loss and into maintenance are things I don't believe are accomplished without a multi-faceted plan that's made important each day, for the rest of my life. Very important, if I want to stay well.

I accept and fully embrace these truths about me and the actions needed each day in order to stay well.

I'm not an expert. But I'm willing to listen to others and open my mind to different perspectives and ideas. Because I don't have, nor will I ever have all the answers. But--I can listen. I can watch. I can learn. And I can do.

Dr. Marty Lerner is an expert. He has an amazing free e-book available at www.milestonesprogram.org I highly recommend reading his work.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, I did a 15-minute stair climbing workout, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Today's Accountability Tweets:






























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.