Saturday, June 24, 2017

June 24th, 2017 All Of That And More

June 24th, 2017 All Of That And More

I love doing standup. It brings me tremendous joy. It simply makes my heart happy. Tonight's show was a wonderful experience. I invited a few very talented friends to perform and we gave 'em an hour and a half show full of laughs from start to finish.

The difference between my "stand-up days" and now is remarkable to me because I felt so limited back then, and now, I'm not. I'm free to write material more in line with who I am, rather than what I thought I had to be in those 500 pound days. I'll be honest--when a show goes well like it did tonight, I can't help but wonder how standup in LA would be different for me at this healthy body weight. I had so much success despite my 500-pound weight--I was a paid regular at the Hollywood Improv, the Kimmel Show stuff and getting coveted bookings all over Southern California--all of it at 500 pounds--So what about now? Part of my brain says--all of that and more!! The more reasonable and realistic side of my brain says, slow down buddy-- do it for fun and joy, and be content with what you have, today--which isn't a bad thing. Is it smart to simply move on since I'm no longer 31 years old, like I was back then? That's a tough "yes" and deep in my heart, I know it's for the best. But man, I love standup.

Looking back with twinges of regret isn't a productive frame of mind. But I do it sometimes--just being real. In that counterproductive groove, my mind focuses on what if I would have started along this transformation road ten years earlier than I did? There's nothing positive in that thought process. I didn't and I've got to be okay with me on this issue.

Today is today--and I'm truly grateful for where I am and the road I've been on. Although, I think looking back and imagining a different trajectory is a fairly normal thing to do...I also think I need to check my gratitude list a little more often.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with great support.

Hitting the pillow after a wonderful on-plan day. It was a day where I thoroughly massaged core elements of me--and that always feels great.

Today's Accountability Tweets:


































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

5 comments:

  1. great that you find comic relief in your otherwise crazy, hectic life, Sean. I hope we can create some time for a new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, I feel your yearning to "give stand-up a real try," in your post today. I too regret wasting so much of life being at an unhealthy weight, and wish I'd "fixed" myself when I was much younger, instead of waiting until I was 60. I missed out on so much. But Sean, you are still YOUNG! I think you should give it a shot. GO FOR IT! You only live once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there and I LOVED IT! It's so inspiring to see a real live person who has accomplished the things you have and make it a priority to follow your dreams even if it's on a smaller stage in rural Oklahoma instead of just letting them go because it's not LA. It shows me those people aren't just on TV and gives me more inspiration to push through to my goals and try things that feel unattainable. I am privileged to know you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean, You're still a very young man. Yes. You are. Many guys your age are just starting a family and establishing their career. you were an early starter with that--which means you are not longer bearing the responsibility of a wife and raising young children. Better yet, you have experience under your belt.

    you think you have regrets now? Twenties years from now, when you're in your 60s, you may wish you had taken a chance now when you're young and relatively free of "need to stay safe and put" kind of responsibilities.

    Of course, I have no idea about stand-up or if you're schtick will fly in LA now that you're not 500 pounds; what I do know is that now is the time if you're going to do it.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sean, your post reminds me of the book The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. If you haven't read it let me urge you to do so. I believe it will give you pause to think on this subject. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.