Friday, February 15, 2019

February 15th, 2019 Help Me Land

February 15th, 2019 Help Me Land

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, I personally prepared all of my meals, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

For some reason, yesterday was much harder, emotionally, than in previous years. I'll always miss my little brother Shane, but yesterday was a hurting/missing. I felt on an emotional edge most of the day. It hasn't been quite like that in several years. I made direct support reach outs critically important yesterday. They're always important, but on days like that, even more.
It was a good food day.
 



















Mom was also missing Shane more than normal yesterday. I always make a good visit with her important on Valentines Day. We visited for a little while, talked about Shane--and that helped too, reminiscing and laughing over the good times. Mom loved her card and flowers. She was feeling much better too and that was a wonderful thing. Her spirits were high after getting her hair fixed--and that helps, too.















I prepared a good Valentines Day dinner for my Valentine last night. It received rave reviews from Kristin, so yay me!! 


My sweet Valentine!
















I was feeling much better by evenings end.

One of the messages I received from a support friend yesterday was a good reminder about how the intensity of feelings subside, pass, and change--and to just ride 'em, feel 'em, live 'em, and allow them. Very true. It's hard to do this most of the time. I cannot count the number of years I would simply stuff down emotions with food. Now, the urge to do that still pops up every now and again and when it does, that's when I must turn the auto-pilot off and start doing intentional actions to help me "land" and be well. Sometimes we gotta be talked through that landing procedure!

My emotional stew yesterday, I believe, was intensified because lately the thought of being the last surviving brother has crossed my mind a lot for some reason--and I'm not sure why. Shane passed first, then my half brother Danny, then my other half brother, Chris. I didn't have relationships with Danny and Chris, I wasn't raised around them, but Shane was different, we were raised together and very close. All three of them died devastatingly young and although I certainly could have died just as young from the pressures of carrying around 500 pounds for almost twenty years, I somehow didn't. I don't know. I do know I'm grateful to be here. Very. Anyway, it just strikes an emotional chord with me for whatever reason.

I intentionally waited to post this until some break time at work, considering the late night last night. I did get up in time for my morning foundation routine. I packed and planned my food for the day and I'm grateful that the emotional edge of yesterday has passed.

Featured Tweet:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Have you listened to the unabridged audio version of my book? Get yours today!

With a donation of $20 or more to The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser, You'll receive the entire unabridged audio version of my book, Transformation Road-My Trip To Over 500 Pounds and Back-narrated by me on mp3 disc!! This includes shipping. Increased donation increments of at least $20 will include an additional mp3 disc of the unabridged audio version, perfect to give as a gift!
Also, the two-hour recorded YouPlan Workshop is available for a minimum $25 donation.

To donate, send an email request to transformation.road@gmail.com, and I'll send you a secure invoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.