Tuesday, February 19, 2019

February 19th, 2019 Mom

February 19th, 2019 Mom

Yesterday was 7-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, I personally prepared all my meals, I did the elliptical workout, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

The call came in from the nursing home about 11am yesterday morning. Mom was having a serious bleeding incident and they weren't sure what was going on. They had called the ambulance and was notifying me that she'd be on her way to the emergency room within minutes.

I quickly checked out from work and made my way to the hospital to meet her there. The uncertainty of the situation kept my brain in a hyper-horrible worrisome thoughts mode. The doctors and staff acted quickly, got her stabilized, and started the process of finding out what exactly is going on. There's some kind of internal bleeding happening in her low abdomen. The cat scan revealed an "area of concern" for the two doctors evaluating the results. Mom is in the hospital and this morning the tests, including a scope, will continue to search for exactly what's going on. Your prayers and positive energy would be greatly appreciated.

My main focus yesterday and now is on mom. At the same time, for someone like me, I must be very careful with my daily practice. It's emotional and uncertain situations like this that can quickly send me spiraling toward the food in a futile effort to change how I feel.

I made some reach out support calls and texts, said some prayers, kept family and friends informed about what was going on, and I made a commitment to stay within the boundaries of my practice.

By 1pm I was hungry and searching. I had eaten 42g of almonds earlier but now I was missing lunch. We were in a waiting mode in the ER, so I made my way to the cafeteria and really couldn't find anything I wanted to make work. I decided to try a vending machine (danger-danger!!) for some salsa flavored tortilla chips--something of a hold-over until later, but after spending the dollar, the ingredients list contained refined sugar--and that immediately disqualifies it as an option for me. I gave it to the nurses' station. At this point, I decided to simply wait until I could get home and prepare something. I drank water and was fine.

I scrapped my original swimming plan for yesterday evening but still got in an elliptical workout. After visiting with mom and the nursing staff, I ran out to the nursing home for a few things she needed, like her cpap machine, then made my way to the RecPlex for some exercise while mom visited with Amber back in her room. It worked out well.

I'm headed to work for a little while this morning before I go back to the hospital with mom. Again, your prayers and whatever positive energy you can muster this way would be greatly appreciated.     

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Have you listened to the unabridged audio version of my book? Get yours today!

With a donation of $20 or more to The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser, You'll receive the entire unabridged audio version of my book, Transformation Road-My Trip To Over 500 Pounds and Back-narrated by me on mp3 disc!! This includes shipping. Increased donation increments of at least $20 will include an additional mp3 disc of the unabridged audio version, perfect to give as a gift!
Also, the two-hour recorded YouPlan Workshop is available for a minimum $25 donation.

To donate, send an email request to transformation.road@gmail.com, and I'll send you a secure invoice.

1 comment:

  1. m sending prayers your way for your Mom and your journey.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.