Saturday, February 9, 2019

February 9th, 2019 Positive and Transformative

February 9th, 2019 Positive and Transformative

Yesterday was a 7 Star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, I rocked my elliptical workout, I personally prepared all of my meals, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

I kept my focus at work yesterday. I finished one thing and moved on to the next thing. For reasons I may not fully understand, I seem to be working more efficiently these days, at least at work. As far as other areas of my life go, there's plenty of room for improvement! Here's the thing: Creating some certainty in what I do for Team Radio Marketing Group frees up mental and emotional energy for other things outside of my job. Like many things--okay, almost everything in the last ten-plus years, this wasn't intentional action followed by expected results, no-- it's doing things differently and pausing long enough to reflect on how those changes shape other areas of my life.

In that kind of reflection, I believe we put ourselves in positions to receive and absorb the epiphany type realizations that have the power to dramatically change our course. And they truly can, because first, the epiphanies often challenge the constantly running "auto-pilot" inner dialogue that we believe about ourselves. Suddenly, the thought, this is what I do time and time again, gets replaced with, this is what I'm doing now. If we keep doing, we can, over time, reshape our powerful inner dialogue. Imagine "this is what I do time and time again" becoming a thought about positive and transformative things instead of a negative affirmation for the patterns that have shaped us all these years. It's a practice, right? Isn't everything along this road? Oh my goodness, yes.

After resting yesterday afternoon, my agenda included a trip to the elliptical, a visit with mom, a couple of grocery stores, then dinner. I realized at some point that this list was lofty and required a little more time than I was auto-figuring in my head. That's when I made the decision to grab the inexpensive fajita chicken tacos from my favorite Mexican place. Maybe it was the elementary desire to earn an extra star for preparing all meals for the day or perhaps it was realizing that I had everything I needed to prepare a simplistic dinner at home--whatever it was, just as I was about to pull into the parking lot of Los Portalis, I kept driving the two extra blocks to my apartment. I made my own super lean ground beef tacos. It was fast, simple, and delicious. Oh--and it earned an extra star.  

I'm ready for a good Saturday today. I'm off from radio this weekend, so I'm creating a schedule all my own. I plan on getting my fourth workout of the week, doing some personal project work at the studio, spending some time later with my grandson Noah, and catching up with a few support friends throughout the day. Not necessarily in that order, of course.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Have you listened to the unabridged audio version of my book? Get yours today!

With a donation of $20 or more to The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser, You'll receive the entire unabridged audio version of my book, Transformation Road-My Trip To Over 500 Pounds and Back-narrated by me on mp3 disc!! This includes shipping. Increased donation increments of at least $20 will include an additional mp3 disc of the unabridged audio version, perfect to give as a gift!

Please be sure to include an email address so I can properly express my gratitude! Donating to the DDWL is easy and secure with the PayPal donate button below. (You do not need a PayPal account-transactions work with any credit or debit card) Simply click the donate button!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.