Friday, February 8, 2019

February 8th, 2019 The Hands Of Circumstance

February 8th, 2019 The Hands Of Circumstance

Yesterday was a 4 Star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday was more challenging than most--and those days happen. The circumstances of the day made it exceptionally busy, starting with a coating of ice on everything. When the weather gets like that, it changes the approach at the studio. I was up on time yesterday morning but still had to hurry to get in early in order to get organized. A colleague was down too with the crud going around, so being short staffed added to the challenge of the day. But again, those days will happen occasionally. Being able to pivot, adjust, simplify, calm, and remain steady within my daily practice is something very important to me.

The perspective that helps keep me well is one of personal responsibility for the daily elements that my continued recovery requires. I am not allowed to put the responsibility for my recovery in the "hands" of circumstance or in the hands of other people. There have been many times in my life when I jumped at the chance to say things like, "I could have done well if that wouldn't have happened," or "If so and so would have done X, then I could have made it through in one piece," or "They chose the restaurant and you know that place, what could I do, right?" Or, "If "they" would have called me, texted me, checked up on me more, and been more supportive, then I would have done better," or "Things are just too stressful right now," or "I was overwhelmed with emotion." If left unchecked, my brain will take the quickest route it can to help me feel better about not taking responsibility for my own actions and behaviors.

Here's the thing:

There will be many happenings in my future that I know will test me and stretch me to my emotional limits and beyond my stress threshold. I may not know what they will be or when they will happen, but when those major life events/changes come, I hope and pray my spiritual condition is in a place to help me remain well, regardless. It's always up to me to prepare, practice, and do the best I can do for one more day, but I cannot ever say or believe that "I got this" because there are bulls I haven't ridden.

My morning routine is complete, my food is planned and packed, and I'm ready for today's practice to be another good one.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Have you listened to the unabridged audio version of my book? Get yours today!

With a donation of $20 or more to The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser, You'll receive the entire unabridged audio version of my book, Transformation Road-My Trip To Over 500 Pounds and Back-narrated by me on mp3 disc!! This includes shipping. Increased donation increments of at least $20 will include an additional mp3 disc of the unabridged audio version, perfect to give as a gift!

Please be sure to include an email address so I can properly express my gratitude! Donating to the DDWL is easy and secure with the PayPal donate button below. (You do not need a PayPal account-transactions work with any credit or debit card) Simply click the donate button!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.