Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 25th, 2015 Inner Dialogue Demands Rest

March 25th, 2015 Inner Dialogue Demands Rest

It's been a long day. I anticipated storm coverage at the studio this evening, but it didn't develop for our listening area. The main thrust of the storms was well to our South and East.

I hurried home a little after six, stopping first for my to-go dinner order from the Mexican restaurant closest to my apartment. My order isn't on their menu but they're always happy to accommodate, regardless. I order fajita grilled chicken with grilled zucchini squash, a side of lettuce, sometimes a side of sour cream and even cheese if I request it be added and two or three (depending on my calorie budget) crunchy taco shells. They charge me six dollars and fifty-two cents every time. That's it. It's a bargain. I'm not sure I could cook this at home for much less.

I'm so proud of my mom. I do my best to not share too personal details of people close to me. After all, they didn't sign up for the kind of transparency that makes this blog work wonders for me. I haven't always done well in this department, but I'm better these days. I do feel comfortable sharing this: My mom is walking, eating well and losing weight. She's feeling great, too! We had a wonderful conversation about the incredibly positive effects of her continued care. I see and hear an excitement in her--and that thrills me. I love my mom so much.
 photo photo2063_zpsq1inq6de.jpg

After dinner, I watched some of the live stream news coverage of the storms that hit other areas of our state. It didn't take long before I was out, fast asleep, for a short unplanned nap. My regular plan was to get into the Y this evening. Nope, not happening.

I'm doing myself a big favor and dropping in bed two hours earlier than normal. I'm not doing myself any favors by allowing so little sleep--so often. Note: I'm not complaining about my sleep habits, they obviously work for me most of the time. But occasionally, my body says--hey, no--you listen to me, we're going to bed now--this isn't working well for us, Mister blog boy. Eat your #lastfoodofday and let's drop! #exhausted #burningthecandleatbothends #enoughalready

Yes, my inner dialogue occasionally speaks with hashtags. Goodnight, my friends. I hope you rest well, too.
 
My Tweets Today:


















Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

12 comments:

  1. Mr. Anderson; I sent you a FB friend request two weeks ago and never heard back from you. I've read your losingweighteveryday blog page from Day one to today during the past few weeks. Your weight loss accomplishments and food discipline are impressive. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TL, send another FB request, please. Obviously an oversight on my part. Thank you for reading!
      If your name on Facebook is also "Taiwan Lover," I may have deleted the request, thinking it was spam of some kind.
      That is a lot of reading, TL--over 1,100 posts!
      Send it again, please.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sean. "Taiwan Lover" is a joke between by Wife and I (she's from Taiwan, we met and married over 23 years ago while enrolled at The University of Texas at Austin). BTW, the person on my FB profile is my son, he looks much better than I. Have a great day!

      Delete
    3. I see! Very nice! I accepted the request this morning. Thank you for the friend request and again, thank you for reading the archives! I appreciate your support! I hope my experiences and journey have a positive impact on yours.

      Delete
  2. Goodnight friend... get good rest...I'm learning that sleep is a huge component of health.... I think you're just a rock n roller and like to stay up late, but there is no shame in resting!! P.s.. I love those little protein snacks... I used to demo them.... surprisingly satisfying and filling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole. I've always been a night owl--not the best thing for a morning radio personality!
      The protein packs work well in a pinch! Very tasty--and workable calorie wise. With a thousand choices in a convenience store--and 99% of them undesirable for me--these, along with almonds, fruit and cheese--are on my list of 'can do' items! I agree--satisfying--perfect holdover until a meal.

      Delete
  3. Those tacos look amazing....I love that your meals always look tasty. I am so used to dieting food looking like cottage cheese and melba toast lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! It's one of my favorite meals, for sure! Love 'em! One thing I really enjoy communicating--by doing what I do, is how it's possible to eat what you enjoy without a big long "diet food" list--and still lose weight! Like I always say, "I eat what I like and nothing I don't!" :)

      Delete
  4. We need that sleep to reset our energy sources and yet some of us sure have a hard time getting in bed at a decent hour. Always one more thing to do.
    I must have missed what has happened to your Mom. ???
    N~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Nancy. Always one more thing!
      No, mom is fine. Nothing in particular happened. She's just feeling much better, generally speaking, as she's consistently walking, eating well and losing weight. :)

      Delete
  5. You and your Mama look alike! :) Nice pic of you guys together! I don't have enough of those of my mom and well me... none! OH wait! I just actually took a first time selfie I did not delete and put it on MFP! Woop! LOL *ramble* ..
    So happy you were not effected from the horrilbe storms. I can only imagine the horror to go through that! Praying everyone close to you is safe.
    Get some rest, Sean... I , like you , do not sleep well lately. I have to get back in the habit of "turning" the brain thoughts off!

    Have a great Friday!
    Rosie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie, thank you. Everyone is safe! Good for you in not deleting that selfie! That is cause for a woop-woop!
      Sometimes, turning off the brain is tough. :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.