Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30th, 2015 Fantastic Food Day

March 30th, 2015 Fantastic Food Day

I do fairly well at adjusting on the fly. I didn't always. There was a time when any deviation from the plan was cause for feelings of failure. My plan was to get a good workout today. Instead, I allowed the day and evening to get away from me. At a certain point I declared today a rest day and was immediately okay with this decision. No feelings and thoughts of failing at anything. No self-loathing in a cloud of negative energy. It's one day. I know the difference between taking a needed off day and slacking off. I'm calling today a needed off day even though I didn't realize this until well into the evening.

I had a fantastic food day. I love grilling kabobs! I need to do it more often. I have a tendency to get into patterns, habits, routines--whatever you want to call it, then suddenly finding it a challenge to switch it up. I do this with my exercise and with my food. It's still all good. I mean, I really love what I do for exercise and what I eat. And it's working well for me. But I also know occasionally switching it up is a smart move. Dinner tonight was a move in that direction.

My Tweets Today:




















Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh my, Karla--they are amazing to me! I love 'em, obviously!! :) Highly recommend!!

      Delete
  2. I love kabobs too (particularly steak ones)...and I let last night get away from me too (contractor stayed to talk...nearly an hour, hubby had to leave early for Tagalong class so we ate early, and who wants to work out right after eating?) Twins! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh..I need to do steak kabobs really soon. I agree, Gwen--sometimes when it gets way too late, I have to remind myself it's one day.I can do better with my schedule tomorrow. Twins, yes!

      Delete
  3. Rest is just as important to us as what we fuel our body with. I too am so glad to see that you now listen to your body when it needs to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New attitude Sean... two thumbs up. Being a little kinder with ourselves seems to go a long way toward our total and LASTING success.

    N~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does, Nancy-- You said it! The difference it makes is profound.

      Delete
  5. always good to have a rest day...
    You always do the right things..
    Your weigh in's prove that!
    Rosie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie, thank you! I wouldn't claim I always do the right things--but, I do what I can...and sometimes I can't! :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.