Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 31st, 2015 Reality Hugger

March 31st, 2015 Reality Hugger

Is it really the last day of March? I suppose it is. Isn't it amazing how quickly time moves?

I had what I believe to be some powerful thoughts tonight while working out on the elliptical. I know if I allow myself to dig in and explore, I'll be up until 1:30am and I can't afford to do that tonight. I'll save it for a night when I can start earlier. It was all about reality and how our perception of reality IS our reality. It might not be the actual, real, true reality--but if it's what we believe, then for us, it is very much our reality. 

The most desired reality for me was something I truly wanted to be--I wanted to be someone who could moderate all foods and be okay, fit and trim, for the rest of my life. I firmly grabbed on to and embraced that perception at one time. It was my reality. But it wasn't my actual, real, true reality. It was the reality I wanted to be true. I could have a normal relationship will all foods, without counting or watching--just relying on my instincts--I would become an intuitive eater. Yeah--that's the reality I kept hugging tight once upon a time.

Eventually my truest reality became clear and the amount of time spent struggling my greatest struggle was equal to how long it took me to let go of the reality I so desperately wanted--and embrace my truest, most authentic reality. The real reality isn't that bad at all, actually. 

It does require a little more thought, better planning and some fundamental elements I must forever hold sacred if I'm to experience this freedom for the rest of my life. But truly, after living on all sides of this deal, I've decided it's a pretty good investment with incredible returns along the way.  I'm all in. The longer I hug my authentic reality, the more I love it and what it represents for me. And unlike my previous perception of reality, the one that never seemed quite comfortable with my elongated hugging, this authentic reality hugs me back just as much as I hug it.

Tomorrow is weigh day! The 49 week weigh-in happens tomorrow morning right before 9:45am at my doctor's office.

I look forward to writing and sharing more later in the week.

My Tweets Today:




















Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

16 comments:

  1. "I would become an intuitive eater. Yeah--that's the reality I kept hugging tight once upon a time."
    Sorry for chuckling at that! but yep, I did that too, so understand.

    I really like the phrase "Authentic Reality". I get what you're saying there, too. It sounds like a good place to be. I appreciate this post, and so much of it resonates with me.

    A weigh in day on April 1st... ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retta, thank you! Totally understand the chuckle! You get it!! Authentic reality, for sure! :)

      Delete
  2. oh I LOVE THAT PHRASING.
    I HUG MY AUTHENTIC REALITY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not accepting my true reality made me think I could also be an intuitive eater. I read one of the books and it sounded so great. Nope, didn't work.

    I also went and got staples in my ears when that was a fad. All you had to do when you got hungry was tug on your ear lobe and the hunger would go away they said. The only problem was that I wasn't eating because I was hungry. I was eating for the pure pleasure of eating. Live and learn. You can teach old dogs new tricks. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Caron, thank you for sharing this. We're two of a kind along this road. :) "The only problem was that I wasn't eating because I was hungry." That, right there--- Yes. Every time I hear, "it curbs your appetite, I think--okay...that's never been the issue!!!

      Delete
  4. I compare intuitive eating to perfect pitch sometimes -- some have it, the vast majority don't, but there are tools in place to help us all compensate for the lack.

    That, and it's a LOT EASIER to just admit you don't have that knack and put compensating mechanisms in place than to turn yourself into knots trying to acquire it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your analogy, Janis. Excellent insight!! Thank you. Yes, yes and YES.

      Delete
  5. Went that road also! Amazing the Wishful thinking that we try to make come true.

    N~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly wishful thinking involved! :) I think it's good that we trek down that road--at least for a little while, if only to give us comparative perspective down the line. You know? Thank you, Nancy.

      Delete
  6. Perception IS reality and everytime your perception changes, so doesn't your reality. I don't think there's really an "authentic" reality out there it's just what you perceive at the time. Tomorrow you could discover something that changes your perception. Maybe aliens will land on our planet and start attacking anyone who weighs less than 200 pounds. Welcome to your new reality!

    Look at that now you got me thinking all deep-like. Thanks a lot! :)

    PS watch out for those aliens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FogDog...Good thoughts. Wow--you're going out there, my friend. Thank you for giving me a big smile. And yes--watching out for those aliens! What a scary reality that would be!

      Delete
  7. It's sad that we are all so desperate and gullible. I suspect their might be a minority of previously overweight/obese folk that can live intuitive but the more I read, the more I doubt it. We who have been obese have messed up insulin resistance. It makes going back to sugars (and other sugary food items) tough if not impossible to do without setting in motion, yet again, the cravings, the crutches, the whole mess that got us obese in the first place. You are a wise man, Sean.

    Eager for your 49 wk. weigh-in, for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was desperate and gullible for a very long time. Loving your insight. Well said...I'm with you, 100%.
      Thank you, Gwen. You're pretty wise yourself!
      The weigh in was great!

      Delete
  8. I recently found your blog & am enjoying your posts. Quick question...what do you use for your flavored sweetener in your coffee? The pics always look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, A. Glad you found it and thank you for the support! I use Nestle CoffeeMate Sugar Free Hazelnut powdered creamer.
      I'll tell you, it's likely the most unclean, chemical laden thing I consume each day...but I love what it does for my coffee experience each day. And my coffee experience is a pleasure to me--one I'm not willing to sacrifice! :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.