Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2nd, 2015 I'll Be A Patient, Patient

March 2nd, 2015 I'll Be A Patient, Patient

Thank you for the very nice feedback on the NPR feature. A short type segment like this is often just scratching the surface of a much deeper subject. As anyone who's been on this journey knows, there's much more to our successful and unsuccessful attempts than can fit in an edited 10 minute piece. For what it was, it was absolutely, 100% pro. NPR always does outstanding work. I would love the opportunity to do more of a long form type interview where we go deep into untangling it all as best we know how.

It was a good Monday; fairly solid. I'm so relieved to finally be over the illness that had me under last week. My doctor's office called today and left a voice mail saying they needed to reschedule my lab follow-up appointment because the doctor would be out on Thursday. I listened to the message too late to call them back today. When I call back tomorrow, I'll reschedule and ask for the log in information for my personal medical records. My lab results should be in by tomorrow. Of course, I'm not sure I'll know exactly what they mean, before the doctor gives me his analysis, but I'll have them. Or maybe I should be patient and wait. Hmmm... I think I'll just be a patient, patient.

 photo photo2079_zpsbponxha0.jpg
Random before picture side-by-side with recent picture of my oldest daughter Amber and me at the Garth Brooks concert. I can't believe she'll be a married young lady in less than three months!

It was a late workout tonight but a good one. I'm a week and a half away from my next weigh-in and I'm feeling good about it. Not because of any expectation, simply because I know how I've been holding steady and holding the elements of my recovery sacred. Being sick for over a week might affect the next weigh-in--but I'm fine either way. It is what it is! I'm always surprised by how quickly the three week weigh-in periods pass. Time flies, doesn't it?

My Tweets Today:






















Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

6 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you are feeling well! Was worried about you. Neat combination of pictures. How much more the man on the right knows about himself and therefore can be much more in control!
    Thanks for the link to your interview. Your amount of interview time was WAY too short!!!! I hope they have you back and interview JUST YOU!
    N~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, thank you! The man on the left was about to be schooled!! :) I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. I appreciate your words. Maybe someday I'll have the opportunity to do a longer form type interview about all of this!

      Delete
  2. I know you're super busy and full of commitments but a podcast in your future would great ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alati--I've been talking about starting a podcast for a long time. I think--no scratch that--I know I could do it... Like everything--I must start first! Not sure what's taking me so long! Thank you, Alati!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting the NPR piece, Sean! I didn't get to hear it "in person" and it was great to hear you! I am a day behind so I just listened.

    Dede

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dede, You're welcome! Glad you gave it a listen. NPR is great. I love their style!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.