Wednesday, May 18, 2016

May 18th, 2016 The Morning Deal

May 18th, 2016 The Morning Deal

My "Morning Deal" is proving to be a wonderful addition to my early routine. It's fast and easy and I want to keep it that way. On the other hand, I realize it's much easier to do those two sets of ten push-ups opposed to when I first started this before coffee-daily thing over two months ago. The squats are always simple for me. The issue? I'm currently pondering how to maintain the progress--build upon it, without increasing the time commitment so early in the morning. I've pretty well decided to find a set of dumbbells in different weights--at least then I could increase the resistance without lengthening the routine. 

The water part of that deal is super fast--I pretty much down it in a couple seconds, while snapping the "fresh out of bed" selfie. By the way, I haven't heard a peep from the person who zeroed in on my vanity by saying I only shared the most flattering pictures of myself. I honestly don't care-and I don't take things like that personally-my response in posting the daily "straight from the pillow" pics was simply a humorous response to the criticism. Let's be honest--some of these pictures have been super rough! It's fun--and for whatever reason, it lifts my mood.

I suppose the whole #morningdeal adds to the strengthening of my daily foundation. This strengthening starts with meditation and prayer before anything else. Then I start the coffee--then I hit the water, push-ups and squats. As far as the strength exercises go-on days when I'm super rushed, I at least finish the water and push-ups, that's the minimum requirement before the coffee hits the bottom of the cup.

Today was challenging. I did get more sleep--but obviously not enough, because it was a challenge most of the day. I agree with those that contend the body keeps track--and not getting enough sleep has a cumulative effect.

I made it through today fairly well, considering everything. I stayed in good contact with support connections, maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, remained abstinent from refined sugar and met my water goal.

Now--more sleep.

Today's Live-Tweet Stream:


































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for always inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically squat info was in my mailbox this morning

    https://www.verywell.com/squat-exercises-photo-gallery-4020288

    A lot of squat articles, just keep scrolling down the page.

    But before I saw that, I was going to suggest squats and then wall sit while you drink your coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep meaning to thank you for turning me on to Cara Cara oranges! I had all but given up on oranges. The ones in the stores where I live are hard, pithy and have no appreciable juice to speak of. The Cara Cara ones are now being consumed by me on a regular basis now! Thanks again! =:o]

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.