Monday, May 2, 2016

May 2nd, 2016 At Ease

May 2nd, 2016 At Ease

I took a personal day away from the studio in order to accompany mom to her medical procedure today. She was very nervous, tired and hungry. Still, we found ways to laugh and I think she started to calm down some with a different perspective. The doctor came back with fantastic news--everything was fine! She was so relieved--still tired and hungry, but completely at ease.

Instead of dining out per our original plan, mom allowed me the pleasure of preparing lunch for her while she rested in the easy chair. Mom was excited about the flatbread pizza, saying, "I've seen these on your blog tweets and always wanted to try one." She loved it! And I loved her loving it!

I made my way over to my daughter and son-in-law's new place after my Monday night support group conference call. Everyone was getting together for dinner. It was an opportunity to visit with both of my daughters at the same time (rare) and my little grandson Noah, again!! This is two days in row for visiting with Noah!

My monthly maintenance weigh-in day is coming up on Wednesday morning at the doctor's office. This will be the first monthly weigh-in. I really kind of missed not weighing two weeks ago. But, I think a monthly weigh-in will work better for me. We'll see!

I'm letting the Tweets tell the rest of today's story--

Today's Live-Tweet Stream:






































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

3 comments:

  1. you probably saw this article today but I thought of your journey as I read it:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/health/biggest-loser-weight-loss.html?_r=0

    Some really interesting stuff in here about metabolism after weight loss and how your body fights to get back to your initial weight by lowering your metabolism.

    Stuff you probably know but give it a read if you haven't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tim, yes, I did read it in the waiting room Monday morning. There's so many things I have to say about the study, the conclusions, the Biggest Loser TV show--How my experience and personal study agrees with a few of the findings...and the BIG BIG BIG issues I have with the study and its conclusions--- I just knew, I didn't have time to dive into it last night, so I didn't mention. I almost mentioned it at the end with a promise to offer my perspective--but I didn't want to make a promise I wouldn't have time to keep.... But I feel like I have some valuable insight to offer on this... so my plan is to dive into it, tonight.
      I may start writing it early... because seriously... I have a lot to say about it.

      Delete
    2. Awesome. I look forward to hearing your thoughts about it.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.