Sunday, May 8, 2016

May 8th, 2016 Wouldn't Be Me, Without Her

May 8th, 2016 Wouldn't Be Me, Without Her

The storms didn't come today, but I was prepared just in case. I rescheduled a Mother's Day visit with mom for later in the week. We spoke a few times on the phone today, she totally understands, when storms come through, I get called into the studio for coverage. Mother Nature's uncertainty put a damper on our plans today, but we'll be just fine Wednesday or Thursday evening.

One of the greatest blessings in my life has been and continues to be the unwavering, unconditional, always pure--amazing love and support of my mom. The gifts she's impressed upon me and naturally passed on to me, just by being herself, are too numerous to list here, but a few that come to mind: A natural inclination toward kindness, compassion and the ability to forgive--and the perspective that having a caring and soft heart isn't a weakness, it's a peaceful strength--She's a living example of these things. Oh--and a sense of humor--she gave me that, too! I'm blessed beyond measure, thanks to her influence. I love you, Mom. Happy Mother's Day!
 photo image1 3_zpsn5kk88do.jpg
I wouldn't be me, without her.

Lunch was kind of a strange combination. It was one of those situations where I either use the fish or lose the fish. But my heart was set on pasta. So, whatever, I enjoyed the two, side by side (see tweet below). I love 'em both, why not?

I'm trying to improve my track record with leftovers. I throw away too many things. It's ridiculously wasteful. Examples of my 'use it or lose it' focus of late was yesterday's use of the leftover cream cheese (and the last bit on today's breakfast) and evaporated milk, yesterday's lunch used leftover fajita chicken and zucchini--and today's leftover cod.

This evening, I ordered my go-to take out from the Mexican place around the corner on my way to the studio for what I thought would be on-air weather coverage. I grabbed the meal--then realized I had plenty of time for a quick coffee, too. After grabbing a coffee, I checked the radar image on my phone and realized I had plenty of time--enough time to get my workout now, instead of later. I was already dressed for it, but was thinking of hitting the gym after weather coverage. I quickly realized, if I waited--I might be in a position (if storms start firing) where the workout would be pushed back too late, then scrapped. I didn't want that to happen today. I arrived at the studio post-workout, checked the weather data and had plenty of time to leisurely enjoy dinner. It wasn't long after dinner when I realized coverage wasn't necessary this evening. At that point, I made my way to my oldest daughter's new place for a short visit with her and my son-in-law.

It was a really good day. I've had plenty of rest this weekend despite my usual weekend late night routines. I feel connected. I feel present. I feel peace and calm. And those are great things.

I maintained the integrity of my generous maintenance calorie budget, I remained abstinent from refined sugar, I exceeded my daily water goal and I enjoyed a great workout tonight.

I think I can only remember one or two Mother's Days in my entire forty-four years when I didn't spend time with Mom--and maybe only one, when I lived in Los Angeles. I missed seeing her today. But we're both looking forward to our time, later in the week.

Today's Live-Tweet Stream:


































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see your scale in this post. I had already bought one today "the biggest loser" 11 pound. I am excited to start using it. I'm hoping it will make portion sizing much easier. Loved the shared photos of you and Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an amazing beautiful MOM! Love your food choices

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.