Sunday, May 29, 2016

May 29th, 2016 A Great Day

May 29th, 2016 A Great Day

Today was simply a great day. It's days like these that remind me of how much I have to be grateful for in my life. I spent time with Noah and mom for lunch and a visit to the cemetery. We placed flowers on the graves of loved ones. Noah may not have fully understood what we were doing, but at one point, as he crouched down over the marble, gazing down at the name of his Uncle Shane--it appeared he understood we were doing something special. 

I made it back home this evening, then over to prepare dinner with Kristin at her place. We made shrimp alfredo with mushrooms using Joy Bauer's alfredo sauce recipe. It was fabulous!

Several wonderful people have found my book since my appearance on the Today Show. Lately, I've heard from many of them with positive reviews. I do things differently today than I did back then, namely my abstinence from refined sugar and my accountability and support measures have been turned up much higher. But even though my personal plan has evolved from the time Transformation Road was written, I still stand behind the book all the way. Clearly all things in moderation doesn't work for me, although my initial weight loss happened with this approach. For some, it's still workable that way.

The mental and emotional dynamics do not change and truly, that's the area where the book most resonates with readers. I'm proud of the book. If you're interested in receiving a signed copy directly from me, simply click the book cover on the left hand side bar of this blog. It'll take you to the order page. It's also available on Amazon in paperback, Kindle and if you prefer to listen to books, there's even an Audible version.

I received a fantastic book review today from Kathy B. on my Facebook page.

Kathy writes:
"I've been anxiously awaiting a book and it came on Thursday, just in time to have for the weekend! TRANSFORMATION ROAD by Sean Anderson. Sean travels the same roads that many of us do. Has he figured out what everyone else seems to be overlooking? Quite possibly! Is it magic? No! Do you have to work at it? Absolutely! 

I picked up his book and literally couldn't put it down until I finished it! He started his weight loss journey at 505 lbs! I feel guilty complaining about the 25-30 pounds more that I want to lose! This man needed to lose 275 lbs! 

So, what did we have in common? Everything! He ate when he was happy, sad, stressed, to celebrate, as a reward. Me? Guilty!!! The reasons were different but the comfort that food brought was the same. We were addicted to food! His story hit home in so many areas for me. Almost as if it was written for ME to read! If you or someone you know is struggling with food addiction this book is written to give hope! This is the most positive book about losing weight I have ever read. Thank you for writing it, Sean! Check out his blog The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser, too!"

Kathy, thank you! The excess weight is relative to the individual--one person's 25-30 is another's 150. As you discovered, regardless of the weight, the mental/emotional elements are remarkably similar for all of us. I sincerely appreciate your amazing review!

I shared a story in my reply to Kathy that I don't remember sharing publicly in these pages. Maybe I did-- but I don't recall.

Before it was published, the publisher hired a literary critic to thoroughly review the manuscript and suggest changes that, in her professional opinion, the book needed. She obviously didn't relate because she tore it up from start to finish--and basically advised a complete rewrite of the book--especially the first ten chapters. In a meeting I'll never forget, I stood behind my work and refused to change a single thing. In my opinion, there wasn't a 'right or wrong,' only on honest depiction of the story. 

Every time I read a review like yours and I read one of the most common phrases used time and time again, "I couldn't put it down," and I read of how different people connect and relate in deeply resonating ways--I think of that meeting--and how it brought the publishing process to a grinding halt for some time. 

I sometimes wonder if that literary critic even knows of how this book, still in the form she reviewed, has connected with people? Probably not. It was a strong lesson in standing up for what you believe in and if your passionate pursuit is in line with your most sincere and genuine heart, it's really hard to go wrong. Again, thank you! Your support is a gift. 
-------------------------------------------

Have you registered for the Wednesday night event hosted by Life Coach Gerri, Life Coach Kathleen and me? It's all about the exclusive weight loss support groups we three co-facilitate. You'll be able to simply dial in and listen to the presentation. It'll be fantastic! I hope you can make it at 7pm Eastern-6pm Central-5pm Mountain-4pm Pacific, Wednesday June 1st.

To register for this free, special conference call "open house," simply click this link and fill out the form: http://totalkathy.com/?event=dont-diet-live-it When you do, you'll receive an email giving you the special call-in number and access code.

Today, I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained abstinent from refined sugar and I exceeded my daily water goal. I will aim for the same, tomorrow!

I hope you're having a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend.

Today's Live-Tweet Stream:
































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

3 comments:

  1. You might want to mention that Amazon Book Reviews gives Transformation Road five stars (29 reviews). I wonder what your 'literary critic' would think about that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kenneth, for pointing that out! I'm very grateful for each and every one of those!

      Delete
  2. A quand votre livre en francais ?

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.