Sunday, June 26, 2016

June 26th, 2016 No Exaggeration

June 26th, 2016 No Exaggeration

Today was my Aunt Kelli's birthday and her 4th wedding anniversary with Tim. We all gathered at a buffet style restaurant to celebrate the occasion.
 photo IMG_7959_zpsw2wrejep.jpg
Pictures with Mom, Kelli, Tim and my uncle Keith.

I finished brunch less than two hours before this get-together. I opted to simply order a water and enjoy the visit. Everyone in the family knows what I do and how I do it-- and they know me well enough to know, if I choose to visit only, without eating--there's a reason and it isn't a big deal. It was a great visit--and that was the point of the trip in the first place. Had I not slept in so well, I would have eaten breakfast at an early enough time, allowing for a meal at the restaurant. But I didn't get up early enough--and I didn't want to wait too long before eating. I believe I handled the situation well.

I love it how my family doesn't take it personal when I decline food or have chosen something else for my food plan on a particular day. They automatically know it isn't personal and it doesn't take away from the most important elements of our time together.

No longer in the food fog, I'm able to truly enjoy moments with family at gatherings like this with a deeper appreciation for their time. During my 500 pound days, the food was the main focus--the main event--the reason we were going to whatever restaurant...oh yeah--bring it on... family and friends? Oh, sure--they'll be there, too---but did you see the hot rolls and cookies?? And I think they just put out some fresh fried chicken--watch out, do you want some? I wish that dramatization was an exaggeration. It really isn't. Oh hey--there's so and so--haven't seen them in ten years--wow... Hey, is that mac and cheese over there---jackpot!!! Seriously, no exaggeration.

I couldn't stay in Stillwater long. I drove through a big thunderstorm to get back in town and to the studio for on-air severe weather coverage. The threat passed and I was free to hit the gym for a good workout. I made a store run--then home to prepare dinner.

I sincerely appreciate all the positive feedback on yesterday's "The Click Is Created" post. Living "in our click" each day--one day at a time, nurturing it--protecting it, is what keeps it clicking. One thing I didn't mention in yesterday's post is how, just as we live "in the click" we create, we also have the ability to step out of the click if we choose. I stepped out of mine once and re-gained 164 pounds. This further supports the "click is created" philosophy--it can also be ignored, refused--denied. The click isn't a single happening where suddenly everything is crystal clear. The click is a product of the daily practices we make important.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I exceeded my daily water goal. I participated in support communications. And I worked out at the gym with a solid level 20-30 min elliptical session.

I'm blessed. I'm grateful.  

Continuous Live-Tweet Stream:




































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

5 comments:

  1. You have amazing strength my friend, and it's wonderful that your family is so supportive. Shish kabobs are one of my personal favs too, it just seems more special, like such a treat but a healthy way to keep portions in check. You're always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, you are truly amazing and SO inspirational!!! I'm so happy you take the time to do this blog. I'm reading from the beginning as I follow the daily so I don't miss anything. My entire life I've never been able to conquer my weight problem. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your family gets together to celebrate regularly!
    N~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wise to concentrate on family and friends, instead of food. Nice too how your family respects your decisions and doesn't encourage you to "EAT SOMETHING!" I made some chicken kebabs last weekend, I marinated the chicken in buttermilk (one of the cooking shows I like suggested that), and the chicken was super tender and juicy.I also like your picture of "fast fruit run," reminds me of something I used to do all the time: "Fast FOOD run." I used to save my cash to use at the fast food drive-thru's. Today I save my cash (let's face it, most of the time it's easier to use that debit card), to use at the produce markets, to buy fresh fruit and veggies. They are SO GOOD this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha... I see a title to your next book: The Click. And of course the subtitle: How to Get it... How to Lose It... How to Keep It.

    Not totally kidding, ya know?! That last paragraph above about "keeping" your click is gold. Really, this and that last post about the click that I kept waiting to "happen" to me, was eye opening. Valuable stuff, Sean.

    Sometimes I think it's not about an earth shattering never before known idea, but about how it's presented and explained, and by someone who has lived it. Hence, has the credibility. Too many of "us" have waited too long thinking The Click was something that was going to happen TO us, instead of something we create, like you said. This approach, of taking our own responsibility to create it, could help so many people. It's just comes across as doable. Something not just for those special few wt loss superstars, but for ALL of us.

    Really... Transformation Road, Part 2

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.