Friday, November 17, 2017

November 17th, 2017 Things That Keep Things

November 17th, 2017 Things That Keep Things

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

When I get tired, frustrated, and stressed out, I'm putting myself in a vulnerable position. The things that keep things steady are gratitude, helping someone else in need of support, and making sure I have the basics of my plan available when they're needed.

I have much to be grateful for and it's so easy to get super self-centered in the middle of an exceptionally long day where I'm blinded from my gratitude list. Reaching out in support of someone else immediately shifts the perspective. I paused a few times during the day to make that action important. It's an intentional action during high-stress times, and it's not always easy-- but it works. Good support flows positive energy both ways. This is something I've learned from watching and listening to others.

Today's schedule was challenging. I arrived in the dark and left in the dark after twelve hours. I made it home just in time for a couple of back to back one on one mentoring sessions--and then I headed to the Mojo Men concert. I made the opening announcements and introduced the band--stayed for just minutes before hurrying to the grocery store for a few things I needed for dinner. I made it home, prepared and cooked dinner--and finally started eating dinner at 9:33pm. But really--I'm smiling, because I paused long enough to count blessings. If I hadn't, I'd still be super stressed and upset over a variety of things.

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.