Saturday, January 20, 2018

January 20th, 2018 Powerful Ten

January 20th, 2018 Powerful Ten

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

Remember the late night infomercials that brought about your greatest dreams and desires? I do. I'd stay up late watching Richard Simmons infomercials mostly, and others too--whatever inspired me in those moments. The testimonials always got me good, bringing emotions to the surface as I watched people speak of their weight loss and how it changed their lives. I wanted it too. But inspiration fades when it's clouded by self-doubt--and that's mostly what I had for nearly twenty years near, at, and above 500 pounds.

Things changed dramatically for me when I changed my approach and perspective. When the clouds of self-doubt started to clear, I was able to embrace a plan I could live with each day. As consistency brought steady results, it fueled an empowered enthusiasm. Even though it wasn't and isn't perfect, ever--the change in perspective and approach continues to this day, and it helps keep me in a position to grow--to evolve, to transform. 

I wish there were magic words I could type that would clear your clouds of self-doubt. All I can do is simply type: I know it's in you too because I'm here. And I'm not different from you or anyone else. 

I was approached by a very nice lady at an event today. She wanted to talk about this transformation stuff--and prefaced her words with, "I don't want to bother you with this because I'm sure you get it all the time--you're probably tired of talking about it!" I assured her it wasn't a bother in the slightest--in fact, talking about this is something I'm most passionate about. We proceeded to have an amazing conversation about the patterns of struggle and also about ideas on how to change those patterns. She lit up as if she'd discovered something hidden within her forever. It was only a ten-minute conversation, but it was a powerful ten minutes.

If you think this is simply a sales pitch to get you to join the accountability and support group I cofacilitate with Kathleen Miles and Jordan Burgess, you're wrong. It's a sales pitch to get you to look at what's inside you. You certainly don't have to join our group to find it.

Whatever you do, I hope you'll create strong accountability and support measures--and I hope you'll surround yourself with people that truly understand the struggle and pursuit of something different.

If you do choose to join our team, we have a spot for you in our next 8-week session starting January 29th and 30th. I highly recommend the new Monday late group conference call at 7:10pm Central/8:10pm Eastern. It requires a $120 investment. It also requires a willingness to embrace an open mind, look at different approaches, and consider new or different perspectives.

Email me for registration details: transformation.road@gmail.com

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.