Sunday, January 28, 2018

January 28th, 2018 Exceptional

January 28th, 2018 Exceptional

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a brand new 8-week session in the accountability and support groups I cofacilitate with Coach Kathleen and Jordan. All three of us started at over five hundred pounds. Kathleen and Jordan both started as members a long time ago.

We mentor/coach from a place of experience. All three of us work our individual plans each day--and that's very important. We're all on the same team, facilitators and members working together toward a common cause.

None of us are perfect, we're just doing our best to practice our plan each day.

If you've had the slightest tug to join our group, I encourage you to make that decision now. I believe you'll discover what many have discovered over the years. This is different.

A different perspective, a new approach, and consequently, different results!

It's not too late for you to join us. These groups and this amazing team of individuals is something on my daily gratitude list. I'm incredibly grateful for a long list of reasons. If you're ready to give this team a shot-- text your questions to me and I'll get back to you quickly.  Text: 580-491-2228

Today was an exceptional day. We had a baby shower for Amber! Raegan will be Amber and KL's first child. Part of my duties at the shower was that of cake cutter. That might surprise you considering I don't eat refined sugar, but it was fine. The biggest challenge for me was getting icing on my fingers and NOT licking my fingers! I didn't--but I'll tell you, it's one of those automatic hard-wired responses--and it's not so much about eating the icing as it is cleaning your fingers! I used napkins and then washed my hands. But yeah--that was interesting! I've always been the cake cutter of the family and that tradition continues. Not always, but I'm usually the turkey carver too. :)

One of the things I make important, well--usually I do, is being prepared. Good planning and preparing helps keep my food plan stable. Today, I left the house forgetting some items I planned to bring for lunch! The menu was party food--deli tray sandwiches and additional meats and cheeses, among a few other things. My plan to bring apple slices and a pita to use as a sandwich type thing was left on the counter. I improvised well and made it through okay.

Years ago I would have thrown out the plan and said "what the heck," but I don't--because my personal maintenance mode food plan is too important to me. Why would I sacrifice something that brings so much good to me, simply because I wasn't prepared? Instead of creating and stopping at imagined roadblocks, I must recalculate my route. The goal destination will always be hitting the pillow at night with the integrity of the plan intact. The difficulty in reaching that goal each day is made easier or more difficult depending on my level of planning, preparing, and my willingness or unwillingness to embrace accountability and support measures.

Mom was exhausted when I took her back to her room. She fell asleep before we made it back!

A few pictures from today's event:
Both of my expecting daughters!


 

 



















Noah was in fine form today! He had fun!
























Soon to be first-time parents, with KL and Amber



















Awe--Oliver!! My youngest grandson--so crazy cute!!
























Amber is due in March with Raegan. Courtney is due in April with Ava!




















Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.