Saturday, March 16, 2019

March 16th, 2019 What I Do

March 16th, 2019 What I Do

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

What's helped the most recently has been being open and willing to discuss the puzzling topic of depression. I've quickly discovered it's common. I kind of instinctively knew that, but one of the natural traits for me is to isolate with it and get self-involved like I'm the only one. Clearly, I'm not. Talking about it and getting proactive in the direction of real help with it, has been a response making a difference for me right now.

One thing that continues to be paramount to my daily practice is remembering how human I am. I'm not immune to anything. There can be a self-imposed measure of expectation set super-high because of what I do and what this more than ten-year experience has become to me and others. I do my best each day to release that nonsense by reminding myself of the truth: It doesn't matter what I do, what I write, how I mentor and share with others--none of it sets me apart in any way, shape, or form from anyone else. I'm just as human and vulnerable as the next person.

My continued wellness doesn't depend on what I say or write, it always depends on what I do in this daily practice. 

Take away the blog, the social media, the support groups I facilitate, the one on one clients---and I'm still in need of this daily practice that helps keep me. It is the most important thing I do each day. Holding myself to some kind of higher standard where I try to turn a blind eye to my own vulnerabilities is a recipe for an epic meltdown. I'm not doing that. And that's a good thing because staying aligned with reality is key for effectively moving forward in positive ways.

Yesterday was my oldest granddaughter, Raegan's first birthday. Phoebe is next to turn one in two weeks! We're having a big birthday party this afternoon. I'll be picking up mom soon for this wonderful occasion. One of the greatest blessings for me has been witnessing my daughters become incredible parents. They're both incredibly loving, attentive, and nurturing--and it's just beautiful to see.

My morning foundation routine is complete, I'm about to prepare a good meal, and I'm set for a good Saturday.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Have you listened to the unabridged audio version of my book? Get yours today!

With a donation of $20 or more to The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser, You'll receive the entire unabridged audio version of my book, Transformation Road-My Trip To Over 500 Pounds and Back-narrated by me on mp3 disc!! This includes shipping. Increased donation increments of at least $20 will include an additional mp3 disc of the unabridged audio version, perfect to give as a gift!
Also, the two-hour recorded YouPlan Workshop is available for a minimum $25 donation.

To donate, send an email request to transformation.road@gmail.com, and I'll send you a secure invoice.

1 comment:

  1. Frequent reader. Not a commenter. 1st fantastic job on the healthy lifestyle! Just wanted to reiterate what you wrote - you are NOT alone in having periods of depression. Talking about it, demystify it weakens its hold and is always the first giant step in managing it. Best of luck to you on all your upcoming adventures, celebrations & challenges. You’re doing great!��

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.