Wednesday, March 20, 2019

March 20th, 2019 If I Can Help It

March 20th, 2019 If I Can Help It

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Whenever I allow my schedule to get loaded and crazy, it requires me to get extra aware of how I'm feeling and what I'm doing. I've shared many times about my parallel streams philosophy and how I mustn't allow the lifestream and the fundamental elements stream to cross. It's a seemingly complex, yet simple philosophy drawn from my experiences over years and years of weight loss attempts, many of which served as a source of education, rather than a source of consistent and sustainable results. 

Maintaining the integrity of my fundamental elements stream (calorie budget-abstinence from refined sugar-the accountability and support connections, etc.) while the lifestream is a little (or a bunch) bigger than usual, means adjusting the embrace of both, in equal measure. For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. Making sure those reactions are in harmony with my personal plan, is key.

The old patterns had me releasing my daily plan practice when/if life gets complicated. The thoughts leading to that release involved believing more food and fewer boundaries would make things easier or better, somehow. They don't, of course, but that didn't stop me time and time again--as if an automatic program would take over, an autopilot, doing the same thing and expecting different results.  If I say a prayer and ask for help in taking care of me through difficult periods of life, I must be willing to do my part. Excess food isn't a life preserver. 

If I didn't hold on to the fundamental elements stream a little tighter during a bigger lifestream schedule, then I'd quickly fall into chaos. I've been there many times. I'd prefer to not go there again if I can help it.

For me, it starts with setting some non-negotiable elements. Even at extreme lifestream levels--we're talking super long days, heavily involved projects and all that might include--I have my minimum non-negotiable elements of the fundamental elements stream. I will maintain the integrity of my maintenance plan calorie budget. I will remain abstinent from refined sugar. And I will consume a minimum of 64oz water. I will log everything in MyFitnessPal and I will stay connected with support. That's the bare minimum, for me, come what may.

And once I've accepted and embraced those non-negotiable elements--then it changes my perspective completely. Instead of finding reasons why it can't work under extreme schedules and circumstances, I'm exploring solutions for how it can work, and work well.

It's rarely perfect and it doesn't need to be perfect. This has never been about perfection, clearly. It's about remaining consistent in my continued recovery. In my experience, striving for perfection is the quickest detour to self-loathing based disappointment. Accepting a certain amount of imperfection doesn't mean I sacrifice the integrity of my non-negotiable elements. It means at least doing the minimum musts each day in order to help keep me well.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog today and love what I am reading. What an incredible transformation journey that you have! I am currently on a journey myself and have lost over 60lbs. But I just can't seem to get those last few pounds off that I want. I have been reading reviews about something that I want to try. https://davisreviews.wordpress.com/2019/02/18/a-weight-loss-solution/
    Let me know if you have any feedback on this. I am seriously thinking on trying it. Thks, Ken.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.