Sunday, March 17, 2019

March 17th, 2019 Rae Rae Day

March 17th, 2019 Rae Rae Day

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday's birthday party for my granddaughter Raegan was, as expected, a fantastic event! That precious little girl had the time of her life complete with costume changes throughout the event!
A selfie with the birthday girl





































The traditional first birthday messy cake. Who needs a fork? Not Rae Rae!!

Mom and I arrived early to the party in order to help prep things. I was in charge of prepping the fruit and veggie trays and making little finger sandwiches. Amber and KL went all out for this one, and the selection made it super-easy for me to assemble a good on-plan plate when it came time to eat.
Fruit and cheeses, that works for me.


















Kristin joined us for the party!



















Like any good party, it ran long, but Rae Rae stayed in good spirits as we all helped clean up--sitting in her high chair, supervising the activity!

In terms of what this blog is all about, staying on-plan at an event like this starts with the perspective going into the party. The food-plan boundaries helping keep me well doesn't get an "off day" or a "cheat day." What I can and cannot do has evolved and been proven. It's definitely not a guessing game for me.

A recovery mindset helps establish an importance level beyond the old familiar rationalizations of diet mentality. Knowing what I know about me makes the idea of eating whatever for a special occasion, a grim idea with major consequences. It's an awareness; a personal truth--and it goes opposite of those old rationalizing thoughts of, "it's just one day," or "it's just one meal," or "it's a special occasion!" Those old thoughts, if turned into actions, are potentially deadly for me. It isn't that way for everybody, and I get that. But for me, it is. I'm a food addict and compulsive overeater every single day and the only thing that separates me from the chaos of active addiction is this daily practice I preciously and willingly embrace each day. Contrary to what those old thoughts suggest, maintaining this daily practice doesn't make my life a hassle, boring, or lacking anything--it makes my life better by giving me the opportunity to live life with a measure of peace and calm around food.

If you're reading this and wondering, am I really a food addict? There's a wonderful website with a self-assessment list of questions that might help you identify. You can find it by clicking HERE.   

Friday night dinner on Instagram:

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Have you listened to the unabridged audio version of my book? Get yours today!

With a donation of $20 or more to The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser, You'll receive the entire unabridged audio version of my book, Transformation Road-My Trip To Over 500 Pounds and Back-narrated by me on mp3 disc!! This includes shipping. Increased donation increments of at least $20 will include an additional mp3 disc of the unabridged audio version, perfect to give as a gift!
Also, the two-hour recorded YouPlan Workshop is available for a minimum $25 donation.

To donate, send an email request to transformation.road@gmail.com, and I'll send you a secure invoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.