Saturday, March 30, 2019

March 30th, 2019 Perfect Time

March 30th, 2019 Perfect Time

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

When life fills with circumstances beyond our control, we lose a sense of certainty. If you add normal job stress, everyday responsibilities, and a few random uncertainties--it's a recipe for instability.

The goal each day: Maintain the integrity of the plan that keeps me well come what may. Come what may means exactly that. I spent nearly 20 years using every single circumstance I could possibly use in order to justify my dependency on excess food. I was a master of self-sabotage. It was a pursuit of comfort; certainty in an uncertain world, guided by the illusion that a temporary dive into the food might somehow make it all better. It never did. Life was waiting around the corner from the drive-through, every time.

I've studied my experience closely over the last ten-plus years and although I haven't nor will I ever perfect anything, I do believe I'm somehow able (by the grace of God) to compartmentalize in a way that supports my consistent stability with this one part of my life.

It isn't what happens to us, it's how we react. One of the things holding me back for the majority of my life is the magical idea of some "perfect time." There isn't a perfect time. I say "is" instead of "was" because still, to this day, in certain areas of my life--I seem to be waiting for the "perfect time." When it comes to weight loss and maintenance with a perspective grounded in recovery principles, there wasn't any waiting for the perfect time. The questions become, "what can I do?" and "what am I willing to do?" 

If the perfect time isn't coming, then what can we do? We simply start doing.

The barrier that prevents many of us from this "start doing" part is the idea that we need the perfect plan and we must meet some incredibly grand expectation from the very beginning. The trap in that thinking is, if it can't be X, then forget it all.

Embracing a simplistic approach becomes difficult if we're constantly telling ourselves it isn't good enough. What's truly good enough is simply starting--doing.

Start small. Keep it simple. If you have a grand expectation of what it "should" be, divide that vision into goals and watch your plan of action evolve in the direction of your vision. But start small and simple.

Simplicity supports consistency and consistency beats intensity. Every. single. time.

Now, if I personally apply that in other areas of my life, things will improve dramatically.

I've finished my morning foundation routine this morning. I've listened to some inspirational "brain food," and I'm about to prepare a good on-plan breakfast. I have a couple of broadcasting responsibilities to tend to today but nothing crazy-demanding. I plan on making it to the RecPlex for a good exercise session, too.

Have an amazing Saturday!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.